Powdery stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sour Deez

Reaction score
Hey guys I have an auto that is at 11 days and the leaves are really dry and are similar to a piece of bubble gum with that powdery feel to it is this mold? EDIT: Its a dinafem fruit auto and it is smelling very fruity

I don't have a cam and feel paranoid about using my phones camera

It sounds more like the environment is too dry and possibly too warm. I could be wrong but it seems too early for mildew unless yer environ is cool and very damp.

first thing that came to mind......Powdery Mildew.... but @ 11days.. :confused2:

I would agree. Try to get a pic up if you can and it'll be easier for us to diagnose. but if theres a powdery white substance lurking about your leaves, I would suggest taking a tsp of baking soda, mix it into 2l of water, and lightly mist your plants daily with the solution as carefully as you can to not get it on buds.

Also burn sulphur matches in the vicinity of the plants, i've had this combined method work to subside PM before

my youngsters were showing PM very early when I was having that issue....

Hey SD, if you can't take a pic for us, maybe you can find a pic on the net somewhere that looks similar..?

just take a picture, then upload it to photobucket, have photobucket strip all of the EXIF data, then upload it to here. Or save it to your computer and edit it in a photo editor. Go to the exif data and delete it.

Hey dudes been super busy and didn't update this but I was underwatering it so I'm watering every three days and misting the leaves and the leaves are shiny green and not dry anymore I guess I was being paranoid lol its my first time growing anything so Im kinda cautious

Be cautious in adopting that as your fix for this problem. Powdery mildew isn't just going to disappear because you started to water a bit more often. Misting the leaves will wet the PM and make it harder to see.

If you are able to, take a tbsp of baking soda, mix it into a 2L of clean water, and mist your plants with this (if it's flowering shield the buds when spraying) also take matchbooks and once or twice a week burn a whole match book near your plants and let all the sulphur burn off the head of the match.

If the PM isn't already rampant it may alleviate the problem. However, if the powdery mildew has already substantially spread throughout the plant, you may only be able to salvage parts, because you're NOT gonna want to be smoking powdery mildew.

Latest posts

Back