Premature yellowing of leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veedom

Reaction score
Can the experts out there tell me why these leaves are yellowing? We're still weeks out from harvest.

Attachments

• IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0153 (2).JPG
    IMG_0153 (2).JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 22
Don't disagree. Tell us a little bit about what you are doing. Strain, how long in flower, nute regiment, water....exc.....

Thanks for responding guys.
I don't think it's nutrients, somehow. Didn't skimp on that. I can put this down to one of two possibilities.
Pute, you may remember this plant when it was barely an inch high. I posted a pic asking why she was, for two
months, still sitting there, staring at me. You suggested I should send it to the circus. You may remember that. Caused a laugh.
I wouldn't do away with the plant as it was the only one I had. It did eventually start showing movement, but nothing spectacular.
It was in flower for 8 weeks and I harvested last weekend. Poor output as can be expected.
Back to the two possible reasons. One is that it may simply have been a poor quality White Widow seed, hence the slow start. (You all advised me to toss it at that time) I have however taken a clone. Let's see how that performs.
The second possibility, and herein lies my guilt, is that I have what I consider a poor habit when it comes to watering. This plant was in a relatively large container and I, so careful not to over-water, I was not watering deep enough. (if that makes sense) I never once fully drenched but watered enough to keep it going and looking happy. That may be why it never really took off. In layman's terms, If I had drenched, the developing roots would have had a much larger area in which to expand?

I water untill the soil is saturated and running off at the bottom if im growing in pots and dont water again untill it is dry. Roots need plenty oxygen. As the water drys it pulls oxygen down into the soil to the roots. The roots will not search for water down deep unless the water is down deep for them to reach for.

Thanks again for interest shown, guys
Here's another poser. As said, I have harvested and, not much of a haul I'm afraid. The question is: Will the quality of weed
be of a lower standard, or can I expect the usual White Widow standard of smoke?

Sick plant never produce as good of a high as healthy ones would have.
I believe your yellowing was from not watering until there is some run off, just topping it off will eventually make the soil toxic from build up of nutes not used by the plant.
Allowing run off sort of flushes the pot.

Yep, you're clearly right, damn.
Well, you learn, I guess.
Interestingly, I got away with it when living at the coast
two years back using the same equipment.

Latest posts

Back