Problem somthing new to me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Well hello all some of my younger plants are developing white sqiggly lines in the fan leaves and within a week these lines become black I believe the might be whats called a leaf miner if they are or if you have a different opinion please let me know what you think this is and if you know how to get rid of it

Smoke stroke Smoke stroke

I think you might have mites they leave the white lines your talking. i have never had them but you can look on this post and find you anwser

Leaf mining insects....

..and from..Wikopedia
"Leaf miners are insect larvae that live within leaf tissue. Many cause damage to garden plants and crops.

Like wood borers, leaf miners are difficult to control as they are protected from insecticide sprays and plant defenses by feeding within the tissues of the leaves themselves, selectively eating only the layers that have the least amount of cellulose. The precise pattern formed by the feeding tunnel is very often diagnostic for which kind of insect is responsible, sometimes even to genus level. The mine often contains frass, or droppings, and the pattern of frass deposition, mine shape and host plant identity are useful to determine the species of leaf miner. The vast majority of leaf-mining insects are moths (Lepidoptera) and flies (Diptera), though some beetles and wasps also exhibit this behavior."

I've never experienced these miners. Here's a link with "some" control info..
Leaf Miners
hope it helps.

thanks hick your the bomb also I see that you grow outside how long does budding take outdoors

thanks hick your the bomb also I see that you grow outside how long does budding take outdoors

..in my world...some will be finishing late September and continue on into mid/late October. Some sativas will go into November, but my climate doesn't permit that.
"Reverse" that for the southern hemi',....I would guess, late March thru April.:confused:

Latest posts

Back