problem top 44

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengoddess

Reaction score
i bought 10 top 44 seeds a while back. i have tried to germ 6 of them, to no avail. nothin. not a one of them would germ. i tried the paper towel method, the water glass method, the jiffy pot method, scraping them on sand paper, nothin. all that happens to them is they get a slimy exterior while they do nothin. did i say nothin? this is really frustrating. currently, i have one in the glass, looking linda slimy, but im not optomistic. anybody have any suggestions for the 3 remaining seeds?

You know, sometimes I think that the seeds banks sell old seeds. I don't know, but I have had a hard time as of late, trying to germinate seeds. I asked the breeder if their seeds had been sitting around for awhile, and he said that most aren't older than three months old before they're sold. I do know this, though: When I used to use all bag seed, most of the seeds germinated and sprouted. In fact, recently, I did a trial run on a different germination technique, and I used some new, fresh seeds from some plants I grew, and they all germinated and sprouted, no problem at all.

No matter the method you use, keep them moist and warm. I'm sure you already know this, though.

Perhaps, you could contact the breeder and explain your problem, and see if they're willing to compensate you.

I bought top44 and germed 1 seed no prob. it turned out a boy so that's all I have to say

Did your Top44 come from KC Brains? or was it a knock off? I have not used any of KC's gear in years, but back in the mid 90's I used quite a bit of it, and back then it was all top notch.

what are your temps GG? could be you have really bad water?? or maybe old seeds like ali was saying.. slime? hmm I would buy good water make sure my temps are good 70 ish... beans dont like the light make sure they are in a dark place...

well, the water is not distilled, its ro. im thinking that its a bad batch; trouble is i didnt document who the vendor was..im thinking that since i cant germ even one out of 7 seeds,its a problem beyond water, light or temps, since i have germed many seeds in the same way;. bummer thinking i have defectives...thats money wasted on a bad product.

if you used a credit card you can look it up...

Where did you get your seeds from...what breeder? We need to know who's putting out sterile beans so none of us buys them. Do you mind telling us where they came from? Are they KC brains 44? I can't believe that he would sell duds...everything I grew from his was usually 100%.

ye well i once bought 2 packets of 10seeds each same conditions everything and i had 10/10 of one and 3/10 of the other. try with making alittle controlled enviroment with high temps and let a cup of water and a jiffy pot sit in there till water warms up then place your seeds in cup for 12hours then into jiffy pots. BTW man sometimes a seed can take very long to pop. i once gave up on a seed cuz it just wasnt sprouting so i kept te rockwool it was in unwatered after a wile when i was removing it to reuse the rockwool i saw it has just sprouted a taproot that dried cuz i let it unwatered. good luck ceers ;)

Latest posts

Back