Problem with bringing outdoor strain indoors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcbud_chick

Smokin' BC Bud
Reaction score
I was just wondering what is the problem with bringing an outdoor strain indoors and vice versa? Do they just not grow as well?

That's a damn good question and one i'm not sure of. We grew a outdoor strain indoors last year. It was called Grizzly. Grew pretty damn good if i must say so myself. :hubba:

All plants can be grown either in or out, the 'suggested' outdoor plant is mostly Indica dominant because of its shorter flowering cycle meaning if you have a short summer there is less chance of cool wet days promoting mould.

i cant see why you would have a problem weed is hardy it will adapte

The biggest issues that I would see would be for plants that are already growing in one place or another. Take an indoor plant and move it out into the intense sunlight that it isn't used to being in can cause a bit of shock. The plants have to be acclimated to the intensity of the sun initially.

Plants grown outdoors that are brought in can bring in bugs that have no natural predators to hold them in check. Thrips and mites come to mind.

I don't see where a strain that is geared to growing inside would have any trouble being grown outside, accept in the possible case of flowering times and temperature sensitivities.

The only issues of an outdoor strain being grown indoors would be the size and space issues that could possibly come into play. :)

I was just wondering what is the problem with bringing an outdoor strain indoors and vice versa? Do they just not grow as well?

Bringing outdoor in...cons=potential pest in indoor grow room, electric cost and having to maintain proper atmosphere so more work and tending too..plants won't be as big if left outside to finish.

...pros= controlled lighting to induce 12/12 for an early harvest

Bringing indoor out....normally done pre natures veg cycle in order to plant big teens outdoor when it's time, as opposed to starting with seeds, seedlings or clones, can be brought out to finish if natures on a 12/12, generally not a good idea, plants that have spent so much time in a controlled environment then put outside to "finish" flowering tend to suffer too much due to shock of nature..(that varies with strain and strain tolerances)..if as stated above if started indoors then continue to "veg" outdoors have a great all around success rate..if flowering starts indoor it should finish indoor...better safe then sorry at that point in the grow...

I have 7 plants growing right now, 3 Sativa and 4 Indica. They were started from seed and grown inside under florescents (sp.) until six weeks and they went outside. I break 'em in gradually, until they toughen up a little. Been doing it for years like that. I usually get a good yield and saves a lot on electricity.

Latest posts

Back