Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink_floyd_2006

Reaction score
Ok check it out. I have a dwc system. the gurls are going into the second week of flowering. the first week of flowering I flushed them with regular ph'ed water in the res. because I ran out of nutes. I hered that that was ok to do. But now the out sides on some of the leaves are turning brown. I thought maybe it was time for some flowering nutes. So I set it up yesterday with nutes and im waiting for the light to turn on so i can check on them. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanx everyone.

it will be smart if you do not feed these plants for 2 days before beginning of 12/12 flowering cycle yes you did right thing about flush, after you flush, do not feed for 2 days, then take them to 12/12 room with hps light, so they will not get any light leaks during dark period of time, also I learn green lights does not interpret their night cycles, hope that will help you.

if you could take some pics when the light comes on, buddy... that'd b awsome

leave dropping - the girls could still be adjusting to the new light cycle if its still the second week. you have your lighting on 12/12 ?
- plants getting to big for room? not enough air flow now?

if the leaves are turning yellow and "burning" in areas of the leafs - too much nutrients.

???? let me know if i could help and if u do find the problem, what it was.

tackleberry

no leaves arent droping. Yea they whent from 24 to 12/12 like a weak ago. I'll see if I can get some pics up and you can be the judge of the Size of them and where there at. Air flow is good I got Im pretty sure of that. But again i'll take some pics and you can be the judge of that. I am almost posative its not nute burn. Light should be coming on in 30 min or less.

If it is not nute burn then it is a deficiency. You may have starved them for a week. The damage that is done will not heal. The thing to look for now is how the new growth is coming in. I am willing to bet that with no nutes for a week the plant started to feed upon itself.

DCFN0007_edited.jpg

th_DCFN0008_edited.jpg

th_DCFN0009_edited.jpg

th_DCFN0010_edited.jpg

th_DCFN0012_edited.jpg

th_DCFN0013_edited.jpg

th_DCFN0014_edited.jpg

th_DCFN0015_edited.jpg

th_DCFN0016_edited.jpg

th_DCFN0018_edited.jpg

th_DCFN0017_edited.jpg

Those Hallogen bulbs you have in the 7 pic is no good....Hallogens put off way to much heat and are the wrong light spectrum.. Good luck with this

They are not halogen they are two 75 wat Hps fixtures. And i dont understand how it could be nute burn when the last week or so was just plain water in the res. Im starting to think buddy love was right. I prolly starved them and the started eating themselves. Im you useing dr. hornby's iguana juice advanced nutes. about 50 ml for about 8 gallons.

pink_floyd_2006 said:
They are not halogen they are two 75 wat Hps fixtures. And i dont understand how it could be nute burn when the last week or so was just plain water in the res. Im starting to think buddy love was right. I prolly starved them and the started eating themselves. Im you useing dr. hornby's iguana juice advanced nutes. about 50 ml for about 8 gallons.

Was this how much nutes you were giving it before the flush?

The burnt tips and edges are classic nute burn, the damaged leaves wont heal, just look at new growth to make sure tips are not turning brown.

Starved plants dont eat themselves that I have seen.

The pics are a little hard to see, are the plants a mellow yellow color?

Theyseem to be doing fine now. lets keep are fingers crossed. see here is the the thing with the nutes. For veg. I used a combination of dutch master products. wich may i add are pretty bad fuckin ***. But I didnt have the flowering nutes of dutch master. I do have Iguana Juice by dr. hornsby. I flushed for at least a week in between the two cycles, and thats when i started to see problems. Now I have them on 12/12 with 50 ml of bloom juice to a 8 to 9 gallon res. The color of leaves are still pretty green wich is keeping me at eas.

Ok. I have been trying to think of other things it could have been. I Read that strong solution sprayed on the leaves under hot hid lamps. Is insect killing soap a strong solution. I used Safer brand.

had the same thing in my dwc. its deficiency. if you check mine out i have bigger plants in small buckets and i have to add nutes almost every day. when i would lag due to work or lazy or whatever, the bigger lower fan leaves i noticed would get brown around the edges and start eating themselves. id say feed em good. but im still a rook.

Latest posts

Back