purple or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemp319

Reaction score
I ordered The Purps from BC bud depot. Ive only harvested 2 plants soo far but neither turned purple. As of now, Im flowering clones from these same plants. Im guessing that they arent gonna turn purple cuz the mother didnt...is that right? I always hear that when it comes to purple, its either genetics or a cooler temp that changes the color. The seeds I have are supposedly purple by genetics so whats the deal?

Ok, good news and bad news.

Bad news first. Genetics and temperature both play a role in the purple color you often see in marijuana. I've grown the purps before and only certain phenos have turned purple. One pheno I had started turning at 3 weeks and others didn't turn until week 7 or later. I'd recommend that you keep looking for a pheno that you like, because likely the ones you have won't turn unless aided with cooler temperatures.

The good news is that green weed will get you just as high as purple weed.

People have talked of flushing at the end of the grow, like the last 3 days with ice water to bring the temps down and get some purple coloring...I've never tried it, but then I've never cared if my weed turned purple or not either.

So ur saying that its the luck of the draw? If this is the case, when I come across one with this pheno and clone her there is 100 percent chance that clones will be identical? How many sees do I have to germ to increase my chances of finding the pheno type?

clones will be 100% geneticly, if grown in different environments, by different growers, the plants will not be identicle. clones from the same mother, one grown indoor soil, one grown indoor hydro, one grown outdoor....will look like totaly different plants, but the genetics are still the same...it's crazy!

Latest posts

Back