Purple strains!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmaine420

Reaction score
So I've got friends asking when I'm going to grow some Purple weed. Clearly anything purple is popular. I've only had "afghany purple" once and dont recall it being anything special. Can anyone recomend a purle strain that is both potent and high yielding? Any input would be great.

chazmaine420 said:
So I've got friends asking when I'm going to grow some Purple weed. Clearly anything purple is popular. I've only had "afghany purple" once and dont recall it being anything special. Can anyone recomend a purle strain that is both potent and high yielding? Any input would be great.

Yeah well the thing I have found is MOST purps look great and smoke AVERAGE at best. The few exceptions I have found to that rule were CLONE only. Las Vegas Purple Kush was probably the best Purp I have smoked. Would love to get her back in my stable. Purple Wreck clone I had was another Dank specimen. For the most part I don't think you will find many Purps from seed that will actually scratch that Dank itch. jmo.

Maybe some DJ Short gear might be okay.

chazmaine420 said:
:eek:
Maine is Legal to grow?

Thats what i thought. :yeahthat:

I found the same with the couple of purple strains I tried--look pretty, smoke average.

I haven't had it or grown it myself but I have heard that Purple Haze is good smoke but not the best yielder. :)

If I had the ability to grow right now and wanted to grow a purple variety, I would get this one: hxxp://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/products/reserva-privada-purple-og-18

Blue Dream has Purple in it,,and it will kick your butt. Purple Kryptonite is also quit strong.

Hamster Lewis said:
Lol....not quite yet. See rule #1 chazmaine420. Tell no one.

I'm totally legal for 12 flowering plants. caregivers here can have up to five patients in addition to themselves and anyone living in the same home. so a caregiver with five patients could grow 36 plants.

So back to purple. anyone heard of "purle widow". Saw it on Attitude seeds site.

hxxp://www.cannabissearch.com/strains/blue-dream/

change the xx to tt

here is a place to look at all kinds of Strains and reviews.
hxxp://www.cannabissearch.com/strains/
Click on the letter P and it will show you several Purple Strains

Hushpuppy said:
I haven't had it or grown it myself but I have heard that Purple Haze is good smoke but not the best yielder. :)
It is indeed a good smoke. Ive been running a G13 freebie I got a couple of years ago as a regular in my garden. Good sleepy pain relief stuff. However finding a purple pheno is rather difficult. Mine stays super green, even with the sexy name. From my research, this is common. I am however growing a nice stanky dank pheno of Ken's Granddaddy Purp that starts purpling up at 8 weeks. By 9 I usually take her down. She is from seed at the Tude.

I have tasted a lot of purple indicas that had a good strong body stone. The main ones I encounter in Hell are Purple Urkle, Granddaddy Purple, Purple (insert modifier here) OG, occasionally Purple Kush. Finding Purple Kush cuts around Long ***** is a pain. I think I may end up pilgrimaging to the Bay Area for Purple Kush cuts.

I agree, Purple Haze is good, the yield is also good. I grew a Purple Haze #1 from Positronics ( freebee ).I got 3.5 oz off my plant in a 2.5 gallon pail, my best ever. Just started a few BCBD The Purps female seeds. Never had it before but I will let you you know when it is done.

I totally agree that purple strains are all about the exotic appeal over actual potency. I thought I was the only one.

Latest posts

Back