question about black lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emptypackofcigs

Reaction score
i know that for optimal grow you want complete darkness... but i was thinking... do black lights give off enough light to inturrupt the dark cycle... it doesn't seem like they would but i was just wondering... because i know the black lights help the mj plants produce more resin (or at least thats what i've read) but do you think they would inturrupt them if i put my hps light on for 12 hours with the black lights on and then when the hps light went off... the black lights stayed on? would that inturrupt the night cycle? thanks for the help peace.

black lights are very high in red spectrum but do not grow weed well a red spectrum compact flour for $10 at 150w would do 10 times the amount a black light would do so its pointless black lights are myths

a little off subject but green LEDs are ok. in theory the plant cant see green light so if you need to go inside your room because you forgot your piece in there and the lights are off you can use the green LED for light to find your way and avoid any shock to the plants

iv learned somehting 1 day from trichnut that i will b using every day from now the led flash light hell yes make repairs after the 12 12 timer has went off

puff... i'm not talking about for growing... i have a 400 watt hps for that... i'm talking about for resin production... i've read on this site about black lighting... and someone said it does wonders for resin production... and trichnut... i knew that about green led's but thanks for putting it up so everyone knows... but i'm talking about black lighting... will it shock plants and not let them bud... i guess its an experiment all in its own... i'll have to dry it peace

You need a bulb high in uvb. I don't know if a blacklight is high in uvb rays. We had a discussion on here about it before. The best lights for this job would be tanning bed lights. You could also use uvb bulbs for pets. You have to watch the temps using this though. Uvb bulbs get hot.

Any green bulb will work for what u are looking for. Im sorry but i have no idea about black light all i know it wont work for growing wheter or not it will brake dark cicle, sorry i have no info.

i'm not looking for green light at all... i wanted to know about the uvb... i dont care about going in my garden after the lights turn off... i dont care cause i dont need to go in there after.... i'm more interessted in knowing about resin production affected by black lighting... i have a growing light so they wouldn't be for growing... but for resin prodction ... i wanted to know about resin production... and yes i know you had a discussion i read about it... but i was wondering about black lights about resin production.... but thanks anyways guys

emptypackofcigs said:
i'm more interessted in knowing about resin production affected by black lighting... i have a growing light so they wouldn't be for growing... but for resin prodction ... i wanted to know about resin production...

Black light does absolutely nothing for marijuana plants in any way what so ever.

It will harm them or do nothing, depending on the spectrum of UV.

Don't use it.

thank you stoney bud... thats what i've been looking for... i was confused from an earlier discussion about uv lights and black lights about resin production and i was curious and looking for answers... the wise shall conquer... haha peace guys

Latest posts

Back