Question about Cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
legalize_freedom said:
looks like ya made it to me....I'd keep the dome off of her now...or are you?

Seems to me if I take the top off and let her get air to long to she wants to bend over, so she gets COLD and she wants her top on, to strut her stuff, so yea I leave the top on and put little hole on the side near the bottom for air...

I am about ready to throw the my other girls into flowering and put this clone under some CFL daylight bulbs..

legalize_freedom said:
well since you planted them in soil you will not be able to tell if and when it really starts rooting. This is why many of us put them in root cubes, or I use rapid rooters, then when you actualy see roots, then you can transplant.

But this is how you did it, so it usually takes at least 7 days to root, but I have some that take 14 days. Since you did it this way you will have to wait to watch for new growth. I would say keep the dome on for 2 weeks to be safe, and then give it floro light, until you see new green growth, then you wll know that it is well rooted. Make sure not to let your medium dry out, or you'll never get roots. Good Luck!

Well...giving a gentle tug should give a hint whjether they have made roots. An unrooted clone will pull right out./ A clone with some roots will resist your tug.

Kass

I don't like tugging on them, because you can break off fine hairlike root growth when doing that, I'd rather grow them in a way that I can see roots have developed, but to each their own.

Latest posts

Back