question on cfl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stone hands

Reaction score
i bought a 100 replacing a 600 dual spec. will this not work for both vegg and flowering?

Ya need 5000 lumens PSF of grow area. It takes to many CFL's to do the job correctly. Use HIDs(MH or HPS) or Floras(T5's).

stone hands said:
i bought a 100 replacing a 600 dual spec. will this not work for both vegg and flowering?

:confused:You bought a what to replace a what? :confused:

its a 13" spiral cfl. uses 100 watts and replaces a 600 watt. its posta put out 7000 lumens.

yo if ur goin with cfl's just use 150w. im usin 4 of them for a small box with one auto in it. they push 2700 lumes each makin it 10800 lumes in total. so just go wit dat they like 10 bux

lol so with 600 watts of electricity being used
your lights only put out 10800 lumens?
and your using all that on one plant?

thats ridiculous... with my 400w hps i get 50- 55 THOUSAND
lumens...

so i use 200 watts of electricity less than you do.
and i put out over 40,000 lumens more then you do...

am i right?
someone correct me if im wrong...

150 watt incandesant@ 40-42 watt cfl is 2700 lumens,, 23 watt cfl is 1600 lumens.
So he is using 4 x 40 watts cfl's = 160 watts = 10800 lumens

smokeup420 said:
yo if ur goin with cfl's just use 150w. im usin 4 of them for a small box with one auto in it. they push 2700 lumes each makin it 10800 lumes in total. so just go wit dat they like 10 bux

hes saying four 150watt cfls...
?

thedonofchronic said:
hes saying four 150watt cfls...
?

No,,he just thinks they are.;) A 40 watt CFL puts out 2600=2700 lumens and is = to 150 watt incandesant. The box shows a big 150 on it,,but ya need to look closer at what it is saying,,it replaces a 150 watt Incandesant..If it a true 150 watt CFL it puts out a hell of alot more then 2700 lumens,,I promise. I have used them.

haha yeah i didnt think he was doing that is equivalent to thing...
thats why i thought he was nutso.
woulda been one heck of an in-effcient grow imo

i know what ur talkin about i aint got money to get ur fancy hps lighting, i got these for free n yess these r the cheaper of the cfl's ur talking about, im just sayin they do work to an exstent. i work wit wat i gots

smokeup420 said:
i know what ur talkin about i aint got money to get ur fancy hps lighting, i got these for free n yess these r the cheaper of the cfl's ur talking about, im just sayin they do work to an exstent. i work wit wat i gots

Yes they will work if ya have enough of them. You must keep them no more then 2"- 4" from Canopy. Keep an eye on your plant or it will grow right into them and burn your buds or leafs. Ya need 5000 lumens PSF of grow area. Use 6500K for Vegg and 2700K for flower. T5 floras work much better and they put out alot more Lums per Watt.
HPS is the best for Flower. I use T5's for everything and I am happy with the results. But my T5's put out 30,000 lumens. Good luck with the CFL grow Bro.

Latest posts

Back