Question on Soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I Want Buds

Reaction score
It's taking too long to get my indoor set-up completed, so I'm gonna get a plant started outside before it's too late. I've always felt like I used the wrong soil (Miracle Gro), and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on the best kind of soil to use. (Unless Miracle Gro is the best). Preferably something from WalMart or Lowe's or Home Depot if possible. I'll just be growing 1 plant outside. Thanks in advance for any help.

I Want Buds

Hi there. Miracle Gro can be used but you will have a much happier plant if you use something else. I use Fox Farms Soil and add perlite. Are you going to be planting it in a pot or straight into the ground? If a pot, use at least a 5 gallon bucket. The bigger the pot, the bigger the harvest. You can dig a big hole and line the hole with plastic and cut a couple holes in the plastic and then fill with good soil for your plant/s.

You need to start more than one plant to guarantee that you get at least one female. I would start 5 seeds in small containers with good soil. I plant my seedlings in dixie cups for the first two weeks or so. After two weeks, I transplant them into their pots or into the ground.

Do you have a safe location picked out for your plants? Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

I used miracle grow for my first two grows with good results. I learned that the miracle grow has nutes that are released upon watering. Because of this, my first grow was under stress a lot. Watering is key with miracle grow. The more you water, the more nutes are released. Since people seem to have a tendency to over water they end up killing their plants or hurting them two fold.

My second grow was much better after making the prior realization. However, I switched over to organic soil w/o nutes for my third grow. This made all the difference. Be warned though, some organic as I have noticed.

I've only got 2 train wreck seeds, and 1 seed of an unknown strain of $20 a gram stuff. I'll be rolling the dice. It's why I'm hesitant to spend a lot of money on an indoor setup. Any idea of a way I can try and help make sure my plant is Fem?

I'm gonna use a pot. In my backyard. just moved into this house. There's a lot of tall plants and ya it's pretty safe. My neighbor grows and has for a while. Neighbors are cool for the most part.

Where can I buy Fox Farms Soil and perlite? I've never used nutes or chemicals (other than miracle gro) cuz I've just kinda had a green thumb and it's just always grown good for me.

I Want Buds

Latest posts

Back