Question on yellow stems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASEgrower

Reaction score
A single plant in a four plant grow is experiencing drooping fan leaves and what appears to be yellowing stems. The color may be exagerated by the HPS light, but it does seem to be so. Its only the large leaves that are coming directly off the main stalk. Any suggestions?

PuffinNugs said:
maybe a ph issue? nutrients gettting locked out. what i can think of without pictures or any other info

:yeahthat:

Nutrient like Nitrogen. how close to the light?? how big is the plant. what are your temps. feeding times.

:postpicsworthless:
LH

Yeah probly nute shortage. I had the same thing a little while ago. I was expecting it. I grow in modified coco with slow-r ferts in it. That's good for vegging to 30" without additional nutes, but then I see the same symptoms you noted above - the drooping fan leaves, yellowing (below, purple above) stalks. So then I start 15-30-15 and switch to flower.
To avoid unfortunate accidents, test increased nute levels one plant at a time in sequence until you just start getting tip burn.

They are on the FF nutes. In FF soil. Fed @50% last time, runoff ph @ 6.5. After looking at things wthout the hps on it, its not yellow, but the leaves were drooping bad. I messed with it too much trying to sex it today. It perked back up after a few hours.

ASEgrower said:
drooping bad. I messed with it too much trying to sex it today. It perked back up after a few hours.

I used to have that problem when I was young and single....LOL j/k

Dude,:stuff-1125699181_i_ you walked right into it though!:eek:

legalize_freedom said:
I used to have that problem when I was young and single....LOL j/k

Dude,:stuff-1125699181_i_ you walked right into it though!:eek:

Yeah, i put it that way on purpose, I figured we could all use a laugh every once in a while. Especially at the "OMG WHATS WRONG" freak out that I had before I posted.:D

Droop is normal with big fan leaves when the lamps are off.

leafminer said:
Droop is normal with big fan leaves when the lamps are off.

Thats what worried me, they were about 9 hours into the daytime cycle of 12/12.

Latest posts

Back