Questions about guns baggies numbers scales etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
surreptitious said:
LOL, are belt feds legal in cali. thats pretty funny. i know for a fact that there is no carry conceal handgun permit in cali.
not a ccp but in-home possesion is legal in all states...even mandatory in 1 or 2 areas;)

Here is an interesting note that sort of falls in here. I was in a rehab with a guy who had a small hydro system, and 3 guys broke in to his house to steal his weed. He woke up when they shot his dog, for trying to stop them. He shot all 3 of them killing one, wounding the other 3. He did NO time for the shootings, and he was booked and released on the manufacturing charge. He got probation, and had to do the rehab thing for the growing. This was in Ohio, and I know every state is different, but I think it is pretty much standard across the land, that we have the right to defend ourselves in our homes.

nvthis said:
There that is. Leave it to California. Guess the only way around it is to apply for the Cccw.

Not to start any aurguments...but thats democrats for ya. (republican aren't much better..but at least they fight for my right to bear arms) Good luck finding .38 ammo anywhere. :rant: I got 20rnds of +P hollow pts for my carry thats all and have been looking for ammo for 6 mos now.
Oh sure can get 300mags, 270, 30-06 all day long...no one has 38 40 or 9mm anywhere. they say ammo "shortage" I call ** becuase all govt issue is 9,45, and 40....38 hasn't been govt issue in decades.
yeah "oh we won't take your guns..we'll just stop with ammo"

I want MJ decrimd like everyone else here, but i don't want it at the price of losing the rights we already have, careful for who you vote for.......end rant.

Mutt they tried that once before stopping the ammo, said they were gonna make it harder to get/regulate. I went and got a reloader and a boat load of brass and found out I could reload better rounds then what ya can buy.

surreptitious said:
LOL, are belt feds legal in cali. thats pretty funny. i know for a fact that there is no carry conceal handgun permit in cali.

Yes there is. Where i live in the bay area,

1) no permit needed for semi-auto shotgun, rifle
2) no CCW permit for carrying handgun in plain sight in belt holster, however you do need a permit to own a handgun
3) Concealed weapons permits can be obtained through the county sheriffs office.
4) fully automatic assault rifles purchased early 90's or before are legal.

pcduck said:
Mutt they tried that once before stopping the ammo, said they were gonna make it harder to get/regulate. I went and got a reloader and a boat load of brass and found out I could reload better rounds then what ya can buy.
at my CWP class (required by state run by the NRA) they said not to use reloads in your carry. Said that using reloads in a court case the lawyer for the person got shot said that the reloads were made extra hot and reloaded to kill or sumit. :rolleyes: It actually got the person shooting in trouble. people that own and use guns know better, but a jury with no real knowledge bought it. :(
I might reload my target rounds tho, Its been a bit since i ran a 25 rnds through it.

Mutt said:
reloads were made extra hot and reloaded to kill or sumit.

Is there any other reason to point a gun at a human?:confused2::rolleyes: I thought that was the whole point. Leave it to a lawyer to screw it up... I have always found more consistent accuracy when using reloads.;)

IMO.. a lot depends on the 'jurisdiction'... and the entities involved, what the 'final' outcome will result. BUT... I guarantee you, without a shadow of doubt,...IF leo busts your grow, ALL of the above mentioned will be used to 'enhance' the charges against you.

The guns are the worst thing in my opinion. Store them at a cousin's house or something until you need them for hunting. If you feel you need a pistol for protection from thieves, it would be loaded which is all kinds of trouble. If someone came to rob you and you shot them with a grow in the house, not good. Give the thief what they want. Always save a jar with some pot sprayed with creosote or something for a special gift. In Cali, you can have 8 oz. per patient. How is one to know what 8 oz is.

fishcabo said:
The guns are the worst thing in my opinion. Store them at a cousin's house or something until you need them for hunting. If you feel you need a pistol for protection from thieves, it would be loaded which is all kinds of trouble. If someone came to rob you and you shot them with a grow in the house, not good. Give the thief what they want. Always save a jar with some pot sprayed with creosote or something for a special gift. In Cali, you can have 8 oz. per patient. How is one to know what 8 oz is.
never give up without a fight......i lost several friends in the 90's when paul reed went on a robbing/killing spree in nashville...i knew everyone of those kids who died...my best friend(who now works for 2 gunstores)was supposed to be working at mickydee's the night 6 people were murdered..the only reason he was'nt there was because i called him earlier that day and told him i had some good squeef. he was already mad that his last check was'nt right so he said screw it and quit hours before everyone else died.....the moral of this story is YOU FIGHT AND YOU FIGHT HARD....giving criminals what they want only encourages them to do more of what they do...shoot them in the face and watch their numbers fall....

oh,...did i mention that every store robbed by reed had a "give it to em' policy...that man took the money that was handed to him, placed everyone on the floor and shot them in the back of the head....

i'll be judged by 12 before i'm carried by 6......

fishcabo said:
i'm sorry dude and i am not attacking you but, someone threatens your life and you think pot with a nasty taste is revenge??? this is the problem with the citizens of this country...too many folks afraid to say "i ain't gonna put up with it":rolleyes: ....now look what we have....

I agree that this just give them what they want policy is what keeps the criminals going...they know what 90% will do, hand it over with out a fight.

Did anyone look at the statistics of violent crimes in their states after CCW permits were issued? I know that in MI the rates of violent crimes (especially rapes) dropped considerably, because the sicko's didn't know which women were carrying...I'm all for the right to defend yourself, and personally even if I was hurt or killed in the process, I would rather my loved ones knew that I fought, rather than just give in.

greenfriend said:
Yes there is. Where i live in the bay area,

1) no permit needed for semi-auto shotgun, rifle
2) no CCW permit for carrying handgun in plain sight in belt holster, however you do need a permit to own a handgun
3) Concealed weapons permits can be obtained through the county sheriffs office.
4) fully automatic assault rifles purchased early 90's or before are legal.

This is all true.

You can still build AR-15's in Cali, but I have to make alot of little "tweaks" in order to comply with the newer laws.
IE; You can only have a 10 round mag or less.....BUT, you can have a 30 round mag modified to hold only 10 rounds. The "modification" is a couple of screws that can be adjusted to allow 30 rounds....highly illegal tho...

Another fun fact is that with any AR or AK build, the Mag MUST be fixed, and ONLY top breech loading of the rifle is acceptable. This means, if you drop the Mag from the rifle, it is now an Illegal Assult rifle.

There are Fixed Magizine holders that you buy in Cali that are nicknamed "bullet buttons" Bascially, if you in stall one of these to secure your Mag to the rifle, it only takes the tip of a 5.56 round to "relese" the Magizine for "cleaning".

They do make it a pain in the ***
Us Californians do have it tougher then ANY other state, i do believe, but, as with anything else, there are "grey areas" that get exploited.

Whats friggin sad is it takes about $1200-1500 to build a "Cali-Legal" AR-15 or an AK, but I can go buy a full auto AK on the street for 600 bucks.

Crazy.

Hick said:
BUT... I guarantee you, without a shadow of doubt,...IF leo busts your grow, ALL of the above mentioned will be used to 'enhance' the charges against you.

This is not completley accurate. I know a number of folks who have had LEO (Local or State mind you), and have inspected gardens and found weapons, but as long as you are following the Law on both the Grow and the Firearms, all WILL be well.

But Hick has a good point, if it is a Fed Agency, then you are cooked.

I try to stay within my limits. I have multiple guns and rifles and they stay loaded in my home. Not only is it a Right, but just damn Male instinct to protect you and yours.

the cali-legal AR-15 grips make the gun so ugly it's not worth having...it looks like a black clam...

2dog,

I'm going to PO a lot of people, but you are trying to do the impossible -- make your self arrest proof and it is just plain impossible.

Legalize_freedom has the best advice and comments of anyone that I have read and some posts may being made while I'm composing this that I haven't read yet.

I can empathize with your situation because we have the same type of female gestapo chief here in Spokane, WA. She spent over a month "investigating" and up in your face dispensary, busting it and using that bust to intimidate the other dispensaries with the city limits into closing only to discover that she and her city prosecutors COULD NOT prosecute because only the county prosecutor and the state attorney general can file felony charges and/or prosecute them in the state of Washington. The 2 arrested are still out on bond, but no charges have been filed. Our other inside the city limits dispensaries are slowly reopening but a lot lower key operations style. None of the low key operator were busted even though they were all operating as nearly identically as possible.

Most importantly, PLEASE DON'T ANY ONE COME HERE ASKING FOR LEGAL ADVICE -- 99% OF WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET IS OPINION STATED AS FACT BY WELL INTENTIONED BUT UNINFORMED OR MISINFORMED PEOPLE WHO AT BEST ARE "JAIL HOUSE LAWYERS" AND EVEN IF THEY ARE SPEAKING FROM THEIR OWN ACTUAL EXPERIENCE AND/OR KNOWLEDGE, THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY VARIABLE TO MAKE IT MEANINGFUL! Even with the best possible LEGAL ADVICE good innocent people get falsly arrested and some of them also get falsely convicted.

If you have legal questions about anything, especially firearms and/or drugs, including marijuana, find a good local attorney who has a record of successfully defending people who are charged with the kinds of crimes that you are concerned about, make an appointment to discuss your concerns with him/her, MAKE A LIST, TAKE IT WITH YOU AND FOLLOW IT TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS ANYTHING! If you keep it short and to the point, most attorneys will charge less that $100 and a lot of them nothing for the first1/2 hour to an hour, and if you prepare properly you can discuss a lot in an hour. How much is your piece of mind, and knowing where you are more at risk and how to lower that risk worth to you?

This advice is coming to you from a "jail house lawyer" who was the first non-attorney to co-represent himself, co-brief his case and co-argue it before the WA state Court of Appeals and has a three for 4 success rate before the Appeals court and the 4th wasn't really a matter of winning or loosing it was a question of whether the court of appeals had jurisdiction to enjoin certain actions by the law enforcement community and I knew going in that they probably didn't have jurisdiction, but it was a free shot.

Even with that background I am definitely NOT qualified to be answering your concerns, even if I lived next door to you so what makes you think any one else on theses forums is qualified to give you legal advice, especially on the actions of the local PD when they don't even live in California?

I am probably one of the most up in LEOs face legal grower you're going to find in Washington State, and we have a real simple Medical Marijuana Law that a 5th grader can read and understand, BUT I don't give legal advice other than "Here is what I'm doing and what I would do under these circumstances."

That Chief of Police has a badge, a gun and the whole force to back him up. That means he can do any darn thing he wants and if you resit you may wind up dead. That does NOT mean that the judge won't slap his hand -- usually very gently -- and tell him he went too far, but he can pick any house at random and raid it without no probable cause and you are helpless until you go to court whether they find any thing or not. NO IT'S NOT LEGAL BUT THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.

IF YOUR GOAL IS TO STAY OUT OF JAIL, THEN IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE WHAT THE LAW SAYS -- THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS WHAT THE COURTS SAY IT MEANS!

As to some of the comments that have been posted:

Most states prohibit local law enforcement for enforcing federal law. Even if they don't federal law prosecution is a specialized area that most local prosecutors don't understand and don't want to mess with.

What do you think the odds are that a local prosecutor is going to try to prosecute under federal law when the chief federal law enforcement officers, the President and the US Attorney General have said not to prosecute medical marijuana patient who are in compliance with their state laws. SO MUCH FOR FEDERAL LAW TRUMPS STATE LAW-- while it is generally true in this case the federal law enforcement circles have said the state laws prevail and only after you are convicted in state court do their laws apply!

As to "I know for a fact there is no such thing as a concealed weapons carry permit in California" -- poppy cock -- maybe not that you can get but I'll guarantee that there are whole lot is non-law enforcement people legally carrying concealed firearms in California.

Dump the scales -- WHY? Even the feds won't decide to bust a grower solely on the basis of whether or not you have scales! I know several very successful illegal local dealers that have never used a scale and wouldn't know how to if you tried to teach them. The only dealers that rely on scales are the ones moving serious weight and then it is mostly to prevent giving some of it away. Although some of my local acquaintances in the trade take just the opposite view, always give them a little extra and they'll be back for more. ONCE AGAIN IT GETS BACK TO LEO WILL DO WHATEVER HE WANTS TO DO AND I KNOW OF NO LAW IN ANY STATE THAT MAKES POSSEsSION OF HIGHLY ACCURATE SCALES A CRIME. My GOD, most drug scales are only accurate to0.1 gram, if that and PD DUCK"S reloading scales are accurate to at least 0.1 grain if not 0.01 grain and 0.1 grain =0.0065 grams and his relaoding scales aren't illegal! Once a gain IF LEO WANTS YOUR BUTT HE WILL HAVE IT UNTIL A JUDGE SAYS HE WENT TO FAR AND RELEASES YOU!

My purpose here is NOT to offend but to try to help people avoid lgal problems by following the wrong advice.

Good growing and good smoking.

fishcabo said:
If someone has forced entry into my house and I shoot them, growing or not, I have the right to defend my family. They can say what they want in court, but at the end of the day that person broke the law by entering my home without permission and invading my personal safety, and I have the right to defend my family and property. Again, that goes for any law-abiding American, growing or not.
To say you would just give up and let an intruder get what they want is really quite scary to me. Who's to say all they want is your pot? Lots of break-ins all the time by rapists, killers, etc not just thieves. What if that person is after your wife or daughter? Are you just going to lay down their personal safety because having a gun might make you look bad in court should you get popped for growing?
Sorry, this isn't a personal attack but this is the wild west people. I'll take the chance of getting hung-up in court over something terrible happening to my family, which may have been avoidable with a little protection.
Scales and baggies, yeah not a good idea. As a personal grower you don't really need that stuff.

hey don thanks for the responce I didnt want legal advice I figured the cop gave me that...I wanted opinions and other peoples outlooks..I will bet getting rid of the scale..no guns will be bought and I will remain under 50 plants..To clarify the number thing anything over 50 gets turned over to the feds..I am not trying to be arrest proof I am trying to not leave anything up to chance. Yes growing weed can get me arrested but adding on extra years for other things that arent necessary seems like a big chance to me. Jail is one thing prison is quite another... I appreciate everyones responses..

PUFF MONKEY said:
the cali-legal AR-15 grips make the gun so ugly it's not worth having...it looks like a black clam...

You CAN use regular forward pistol grips in Cali on a AR build. There are just a few "tweaks" you have to have in order to install it, one being the locked" Mag.
If you want a removable mag, then ya, you have to use a funky forward grip, that sucks.

O.L.L. That is the start of a beautiful thing.

Latest posts

Back