questions about lighting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoolboy420

greenybeanymeanies
Reaction score
i keep seeing people talking about 24/0 or 18/6 or something like that. ive had my 3 on a scedule of light on at 8am and off at 10 pm. it seems to be working. theyve been going for almost 2 months. not a lot of progress one is about 2 feet tall maybe 2 and a half the other is just about 5 or 6 inches shorter and i got one thats about a foot tall. most of the leaves only have 3 leaves. except the biggest last week it started a new set of leaves that had 5. is that normal too?

should i keep this light schedule or change to something.

aaaand is it normal to have redness to the top of the stems going out to the leaves, no red is on the leaves.

ill put pics up soon.

oh another thing. when should i water them or how often. ive been watering about everyday around nighttime. and spraying the leaves every other day. it all seems to be going well, needs nutes but healthy enough right now.

Yeppers,
Some pics would be a great help in figuring out what ya got going. Light in general, You want as many Lumens as possible for your plants growth. If your in soil then here is a good example setup for you.

1.Lights=600W MH or go CFL for vegging, 600W HPS for flowering.
2. 3 gallon containers X 6 plants
3. In an area that measures 3'6" deep X 5'6" Wide X 6'5" Tall
Light cycle time for vegging 24/7 means simply 24 hours around the clock 7 days a week. When you are ready to begin the flowering cycle you change your lighting over to 12 hours on and 12 hours off or we say 12/12. It can get confusing with all this jargon about time, and feeding, and calling it female, or hear someone refer to the plant as my ladies or my girls, but there it is we deal with females of the species, sorta prejudiced that way I guess, LOL
Some folks believe that a very slight alteration in the lighting hours might be better one way or for some the other way, either way your plant if grown indoors will need all the light it can get...I recommend leaving the lights on until your slipping into flowering, then alter your timing to 12/12 and in that fashion you can adjust as you see fit, my stuff is all around general you follow ?
Improved lighting and schedule will cause your plants to want to eat and drink for more development, you will need to feed. That you should explore carefully to see what and how much ya know. With watering, you give a good soaking and then allow the soil to dry up a bit, after awhile you only need to pick up a cheap moisture probe and you too will grow with the best of them. LOL
Good luck and Good Growing

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

hm. sent the pics to my email but apparently either my phone sucks or google does.

i bought a plant light from walmart idk how many watts. so i should switch to 24/0, but how should i go about that? gradually or just do it now?

theres not a whole lot of leaf growth but on the middle sized one for some reason where it popped out leaves it popped out 2 sets from the same stem is that normal too? its the only one like that on all of them.

another thing how do you feed your plants? im assuming its with nutrients. but how and how much. i know its a bit irresponsible to go nearly 2 months without nutes.

and i heard people talking about dwarfing plants. making them shorter but still producing bud. can you do that? if you can how? i got a closet set up and still live with parents. so gotta be sneaky, the flowering process will be fine my moms nose doesnt work well haha.

If you are still living at your parents and think that you can or should grow without their knowledge, you should rethink this. You are putting their home and liberty at risk. It is just not cool to do this and the practice is certainly not condoned on this forum.

I would encourage to read and learn as much as you can, but save the growing until you have your own place. There is far more to growing than sticking some seeds in dirt and putting it under a
Walmart "plant light" in your closet.

Hey man, when u tlk about dwarfing you can do a number of things, but the 2 most well known is lst (low stress training) and topping, both done right will give you more bud in a shorter area. And imo I wouldn't be switching your light, it can cause shock to the plant and stunt its growth for a few days and also has the small ( and I mean small) chance of turning male or hermie, this occurs from stress or not being in a normal environment (conditions wrong) imo if your plant sprouts on 18/6 or wateva your using then it prob should stay at that till you go to 12/12

And dnt worry man, I growin at my parents 2 :p I 4got to say there a sticky on low stress training on this forum and you might wanna check out the plants and problems forum bout that redness they got an awesome guide in there and there was sumthin bout redness

didnt know that about forum rules or whatever. sorry.

and on top of that, if i knew everything about growing i wouldnt need this forum. i know the basics. i read up on it as i go. like everyone says its the first time your bound to make mistakes. also, if anything seems like its about to go bad then im gonna get rid of evidence. or if the odor gets bad which it prolly will then ill move it to a second spot. i got stuff figured out, but yeah i know all about law trouble, my cousin told me, his dads a cop. wouldnt bust family. he actually has yet to bust someone for just possession too and he is town marshall. been a cop for atleast 10 years.

i want to change it to that time bc it doesnt seem like they are making enough new leaves. the max leaves i have are about 10. and i doubt thats normal for a 2 ft plant thats been growing for 2 months. can i gradually change it to the right way without creating a lot of stress for the plant?

Latest posts

Back