questions about triches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinydn

Reaction score
so when they turn colors is it very obvious or do they start looking a little darker every day...mine still look mostly clear but it seems like they are getting a touch of color..dont want to miss the prime time...thanks... here are some pics of my girls

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

They start to get cloudy then turn to amber from everything I have read. That is under magnifacation by the way.

i am using one of those little radio shack microscopes..so once they start to change is it a quick process (a day or two) or does it take a week or two ? or longer? sorry its my first harvest just want to do it right..

It all depends on strain. From what I read most people seem to havest when the plants are between 50-75 amber.

Alright man, you'll be able to tell pretty easily when the trics turn from clear to cloudy. Its important to inspect the trics under a good light, I preferr a full spectrum flouro light to inspect mine under, it really help you notice any subtle tric color changes. I start checkin my trics about 2 weeks from the usual harvest window, now when I see all the tric have gone cloudy, I'll start checkin every other day for amber trics. Sometimes it takes a while for em to appear, and sometimes its just like BAM, amber is clearly present. You really have to be thorough when looking for amber trics, try moving your magnifying glass slightly in and out so you see different trics come in and out of focus. When I do this I can see what color the trics are most accurately. I find that if I just stare at one area without doin this, my eyes don't pick up the amber trics as well. Also most people harvest at about 20 percent amber, 50-75 percent is rather extreme as amber in trics represent the breakdown of THC, so once you're past 50 percent amber, you're statrting to sacrafice potency. Also remember, the more amber the trics, the more of a stoney body high than a head high, so it has alot to do with personal taste with how many amber trics you have when you harvest. Also, you might want to look at geeting a radio shack 15x magnifying glass instead of the microscope. I think it makes things easier cause it gives you a broader picture and you aren't always having trouble with the focus, but you can still see the trics just fine. JMO. Hope this helps. Buds look great BTW

i have read everything i could find on this subject...i just dont want to jump the gun...so do you think they look ready? i know it is a matter of personal preference..but being my first grow i have no preference yet..

It hard to tell with those pics, but they look ready from what I can see. REally though you have the best viewpoint and it should really be up to you, but I would say, if you can see a decent amount of amber through your glass right now, take note of the amber to cloudy ratio so you can compare it with next time, then chop it.

i think i am going to wait a couple more days...i will check the triches a couple more times and wait for a little more amber..

There ya go, it will help ya to see how they progress and whatnot...

thays what i was thinking..i would watch a little bit and see the progression ..then maybe it will be a little clearer for me..thanks for your help..

Latest posts

Back