Questions! Jilly B.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for replyin dr toker it's been hard to get out of bed bad day today. Flushing your plant will remove all salt build up and toxines in your soil I would flush till the water comes out clear fill it up let it drain then fill it up and let it drain repeat till water is clear if you have a tds or ppm pen check the run off on the first flush repeat till ppm lowers. check the ppm of the tap water and compare to the flush when they match you have flushed out all the yuckie stuff. Then let your plant drink all that water up and when it comes time to water I would use revive from advanced this will help out alot I had a mother that was old and root bound looking very poor in health I flushed her out then hit her with revive and wow she came back strong after her health was back I transplanted her. revive will take care of alot of differnt problems with plants. And I'm not spaming but Advanced nutrients is the best they got it down look at my avitar 5.6oz top nug indoor need i say more. Sorry it took so long to reply being sick suuuuuccccckkks!!

I was just reading about Jilly bean in the book of buds vol#3. It says that it likes a weak mix of nutriants. It also says a grower growing outdoors used no fertilizer and had a very good harvest. So this tell's me she is very fragile but produces very rock hard nugs that grow in a point. So if you make a good organic soil mix sounds like you would never have to provide food thru the growth of the plants life. Also says indoor 3-4 oz per plant and should taste like mango and candy yummy hope this helps

always flush with 3 times the amount of water as your pot size, with PHD water.

Interesting. I thought u only flushed when there was possible nute lockout or burn problems. My plants definitely won't get flushed every 3rd or 4th feeding. Actually the 2 i have almost finished didn't get flushed at all. Flushing that often wud be alot more work but if it"really" increases and protects your plant and potency-water away lol

Johnnyrotten123 said:
Interesting. I thought u only flushed when there was possible nute lockout or burn problems. My plants definitely won't get flushed every 3rd or 4th feeding. Actually the 2 i have almost finished didn't get flushed at all. Flushing that often wud be alot more work but if it"really" increases and protects your plant and potency-water away lol
If you fertilize every feeding you will have problems What I do is fertilizeday day one second day ph water third day ph water then start over. Yeah you only flush if the plants look sick this feeding schulde works for me and my strain I also keep my ppm around 1000. Some people laugh at this and say go higher why when it works look at my avitar if it aint broke dont fix it keep it simple keep it clean and lot's of fresh air and she will keep you happy. Your plants only consume 1% of the food you feed them where does the rest go, build up thats why I give them lots of fresh water to get that out. And it you used final phase from advanced nutrients your smoke will be alot better tasting and better for your lungs you dont want to smoke chemicals trust me I have lung disease it's not fun when you cant breath nor take fat hit's from a bong all I can do is eat it once in a while I will take a puff and most of the time I will puke from coughing so much from taking a fat hit i gotta do LIL puss hits take care of the lungs please flush your smoke for 2 weeks please:hubba:

I did a 15 gallon flush on my flowering child and she is showing definite signs of improvement. I also am in the process of doing a 10 gallon flush on all of the other children. I have been given a sample of a new p rich nute from my local shop and will be introducing it to the entire crop today.
I have decided that my local shop is not out to just make a buck but really do care for us little guys. Good2grow I give you props. Thanks.

Mr. Reddy Kilowatt I believe that almost all water with or without nutes have contaminants, I would deduce that those contaminants are trapped by the soil and begin to build up. Salt is a contaminant. everytime you water and the let the soil dry the salt crystallizes thus a slow build up. I am only making a educated guess.

coco seems to hold less salts, but i believe it to be partly in fact cause you water the **** outta it. its a beautiful thing though cause i never need to check ph of runoff ever. coco naturally buffers & holds nutes & releases to plant as plant needs. r.o. water has a low ph as is so no need to worry. never pull your plant to do a flush. just flush w/ plant intact. here check this out http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30181

It depends on so many differnt factors so I cant say two weeks or a month. Depends on how much you feed your plants and the higher the mix the faster the toxic stuff builds up. So i cant answer this for you. Thats why I feed my plants every third day and ph water the rest I wanna protect the microbes,enzymes all the benefical bacteria. but I always feed at a low ppm .And coco is very good to use but you have to water more often. And when I say flush thats if your plant is sick you should run lots of water thru it. But if you have a good feeding program you would not have to do this plus a good grow setup would help.

Reddy Kilowatt said:
I like that reasoning. I've been reusing my soil for well over 5 yrs. Should I expect this contaminate level be detrimental the next use or when? I have asked the question many times and still nobody will even take a guess how long it takes for these "salts" or contaminates to build up.

Why are you using soil as a medium? That seems like alot of work to me, pulling the plants out, putting into sink pouring gallons of water down the drain to flush out contaminates. Isn't there a better medium that wouldn't hold as much or any contaminates and yet still hold on to 1% of the nutrients the plant will use ?

That is a hassel if you have alot but a few plants aint no problem. Thats why I dont like to use alot of nutes and I use big containers:D
Reddy Kilowatt said:
I meant out of the grow area to the sink when I said pulling.
I do like the idea of yanking the roots out to flush. Its funny.

Latest posts

Back