Quick grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoneylove

Reaction score
Hoping to make this grow quick so I dont have to rely on the streets no more and then I'm gonna invest in some good seeds from a seedbank and start a new grow. Can anyone tell me the sort of yield expected if I veg for 2 weeks and then go 12/12? How bout 1 week of veg? I have a 400w HPS and 2 lamps for CFL's, which I dont have bulbs for yet, in a 4x4 room. And its bagseed right now.

Puff, you crack me up.....

I dont want to speak for anyone so ill just say this...And I can only speak to this because Hemp Goddess just educated me on this exact subject...

Yield is determined by alot of factors, but the theoretical(cant spell) maximum of what you will yield is 1G/Watt. Achieving 1G/watt takes alot of experince, there are senior growers here that dont even get that much. being that it is your first grow i think striving for .05G\watt so given your particular growing situation at 400 watts 200G would be a good number to start with,,,

Okay now because you are a new grower you can further reduce that number by about half because you WILL make some mistakes, its a given... so now your at .025\watt which gives you 100 grams or just over 3 OZ. But your not done yet...

Now you have to reduce the number again because you want a Quick Grow with only 1-2 weeks veg. You also have to take into consideration that the original number was based on PEFECT Growing Environment... Temps, Humidity, Ventilation in succint harmony with the MJ....lol So Lets reduce the number again by 1/3 this time which would give you just over 1 OZ given your circumstances...

Thats the number you want to strive for and anything over that is chedder.....Youll get more yield with more experince...

And one more thing Strain has a big role in yield as well.... If I were you I would get some seeds of an autoflower or quick flower strains and go 12/12 from seed and skip the 1-2 weeks veg... Those are good for quick harvests...

New_2_Chronic said:
Puff, you crack me up.....

I dont want to speak for anyone so ill just say this...And I can only speak to this because Hemp Goddess just educated me on this exact subject...

Yield is determined by alot of factors, but the theoretical(cant spell) maximum of what you will yield is 1G/Watt. Achieving 1G/watt takes alot of experince, there are senior growers here that dont even get that much. being that it is your first grow i think striving for .05G\watt so given your particular growing situation at 400 watts 200G would be a good number to start with,,,

Okay now because you are a new grower you can further reduce that number by about half because you WILL make some mistakes, its a given... so now your at .025\watt which gives you 100 grams or just over 3 OZ. But your not done yet...

Now you have to reduce the number again because you want a Quick Grow with only 1-2 weeks veg. You also have to take into consideration that the original number was based on PEFECT Growing Environment... Temps, Humidity, Ventilation in succint harmony with the MJ....lol So Lets reduce the number again by 1/3 this time which would give you just over 1 OZ given your circumstances...

Thats the number you want to strive for and anything over that is chedder.....Youll get more yield with more experince...

And one more thing Strain has a big role in yield as well.... If I were you I would get some seeds of an autoflower or quick flower strains and go 12/12 from seed and skip the 1-2 weeks veg... Those are good for quick harvests...

Great analysis. Very instructive.

Puff, were you serious or just trying to f w/me? 1 gram wet wouldnt do any good.

An ounce per plant would actually be cool w/me. It aint for nobody but me and my baby. I have 8 plants poppin right now, so I'm hoping for 3 girls. That would be 3 oz. In case you couldnt tell I'm a mathematics genius.

Would bloom nutes help the yield? FF isnt sold around here, so is there any products or nute ratios I should look for? Also, I'm experimenting with soils, so 4 babies are in MG Moisture Control w/perlite, feeds 3 months. Should I not give any nutes whatsoever to those plants? The others are in good old black Scott's topsoil w/perlite.

Finally, would blackstrap molasses help the yield more than bloom nutes?

just effin' but 1 week is not much.look at my journal .the post head has a timeline with it. i vegged for 25 days and they were huge, but they did'nt really even start growing until the second week

well i got 8 out of 10 to be female. you'll need way more light to veg like i did and to get 1oz per plant is not nealy as easy as it looks. i don't see it possible to get 1 oz with a 2 week veg. IMHO

keep in mind that the plants will not start flowering untill they are mature enough. which is around 5 or 6 weeks, or thats about how long mine take. so no matter when you put them on 12/12 to flower they're gonna veg untill they are mature regardless of the light cycle. also the sooner you put them into flowering the smaller they will be. smaller plants mean less smoke. imo.

i forgot if your using mg soil thats says feeds for 3 months DO NOT feed them for 3 months.

"An ounce per plant would actually be cool w/me. It aint for nobody but me and my baby. I have 8 plants poppin right now, so I'm hoping for 3 girls. That would be 3 oz. In case you couldnt tell I'm a mathematics genius."

its not 1OZ per plant it would be 1OZ for those three plants... This is a conservative number of course, some get less, some get more....

Would bloom nutes help the yield? FF isnt sold around here, so is there any products or nute ratios I should look for? Also, I'm experimenting with soils, so 4 babies are in MG Moisture Control w/perlite, feeds 3 months. Should I not give any nutes whatsoever to those plants? The others are in good old black Scott's topsoil w/perlite.

I dont want to open another can of worms as the MG moisture Control soil discussion is all over this forum. Do a search you will see both sides of the story.
If you have soil that is prenuted then I wouldnt add any ferts for at least 2 months. That prenuted stuff is very hard to work with and takes a green thumb. Check out my first journal, that i scrapped because of the pre nuted MG soil mix., seedlings dont need nutes for at least the first 3 weeks.

I wouldnt worry about nutes as long as you have them in that prenuted stuff... For flower you still neeed some nitrogen but you need a higher middle number.

Finally, would blackstrap molasses help the yield more than bloom nutes?

and

Thanks everyone for there help. For puff, when I do the math my lumens should be ok. All together I have about 54000 lumens, remeasured the area and it is 38"x48", or 3x4. For 12 sq. ft. and 54000 lumens I should 4500 lumens/sq.ft.

SM77, I have 4 of the 8 in MG70/perlite30. Doing a little experimenting w/the bagseed so the other 4 are in either topsoil70/perlite30 or mg30/perlite30/topsoil40. So I am wondering if there particular brands of nutes other than FF that people recommend/warn against. If you wanna be more particular, how bout in veg or flower?

Still less than two weeks old, but if they do good and seem like they may last I might need to start a journal.

Latest posts

Back