quitting tobacco!! advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ya, smoked bacon. Nibble on little pcs. of bacon and you'll enjoy the snooth flavor of smoke & maple. That smoke taste help calm your cravings and takes the mind off ...What were we saying.lol. Good luck to you all.

Vitamin P Complex. This is such an important thing that you do, Take your Bioflavonids every day. I swear by them. I was told "inside" that I had stage 3 of 4 liver damage, "irrerverable dammage". Well because of a good X ole' lady that started me studying herbs n all. As soon as i could I started P complex (AKA) Biovlavonids. Five (5) years later, there is NO scaring on the pic Dr. took. Thanks,for control over the plants. I'd bet cash money that your Dr. has never hear of vitamin P Complex. I know already. I have asked hunderds of them. P Complex goes in and heals blood vains and artries from the inside, in the brain no more anurisms (spell), heart attacts, varicose vains, right down to the skin it heals our whole body and Dr.'s will hate it. Take the $$$ right out of their pockets. If you a loved one with CANCER get them on it ASAP please. I pray that the word get's passed to all. Tell everyone.

i quit by rolling lots of joints to smoke, and jsut not buying anymore. it sucks at first but after like 2-3 months you forget all about it unless people are smoking around you, i dont think thatll ever go away just have to have a stronger mind.

also when i quit i saved 1 smoke, 2-3 days of not smoking i decided to smoke it, it gave me that nasty buzz but it was almost enough to make me sick, for there on i just remebered how i felt at that momnet and i was done.

I quit about 10 times before I finally made it stick...just over 4 years ago

BugsBunny said:
Try Wellbutrin (Bupropion is the generic name)..
NO!:eek:

Stay far far away from this stuff, it messed me up bad.

FUM said:
Vitamin P Complex. This is such an important thing that you do, Take your Bioflavonids every day. I swear by them. I was told "inside" that I had stage 3 of 4 liver damage, "irrerverable dammage". Well because of a good X ole' lady that started me studying herbs n all. As soon as i could I started P complex (AKA) Biovlavonids. Five (5) years later, there is NO scaring on the pic Dr. took. Thanks,for control over the plants. I'd bet cash money that your Dr. has never hear of vitamin P Complex. I know already. I have asked hunderds of them. P Complex goes in and heals blood vains and artries from the inside, in the brain no more anurisms (spell), heart attacts, varicose vains, right down to the skin it heals our whole body and Dr.'s will hate it. Take the $$$ right out of their pockets. If you a loved one with CANCER get them on it ASAP please. I pray that the word get's passed to all. Tell everyone.
WTH?:confused:
Flavonoids were found to be strong topoisomerase inhibitors and induce DNA mutations in the MLL gene, which are common findings in neonatal acute leukemia...
^ Thirman MJ, Gill HJ, Burnett RC, Mbangkollo D, McCabe NR, Kobayashi H et al. (1993). "Rearrangement of the MLL gene in acute lymphoblastic and acute myeloid leukemias with 11q23 chromosomal translocations". N Engl J Med 329 (13): 909–14. doi:10.1056/NEJM199309233291302. PMID 8361504.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavonoid#Carcinogenic_potential

I cant offer advice, I still smoke cigs...even after a spontaneous pneumothorax and decreased blood flow, higher BP, and some vocal damage...:(

IM only 27...feel like im 40. I could use some advice here.

*Im still reading the thread; but now im going out to have one :(

I quit smoking a few years ago using Wellbutrin, which made it easier, but is not for everyone (especially men who want to be able to have sex). I find that the worst part of quitting was trying to fight the cravings after and during certain activities. You're not just biochemically addicted, but you're also addicted to the habit and it always feels like something's missing when you're done with a delicious meal and don't have that cig as dessert, or in the car, or after sex, or as soon as you wake up, etc. Find something to replace that habit with and it should be easier. I was once told that fiddling with and sucking on a cinnamon stick would help with that and that is also helps with some chemical properties to alleviate the addictive agents (sorry, I'm a stoner and don't remember specifically what helped with that). Staying away from people who smoke it, by far, the best thing you can do for a while though.

OGKushman said:
NO!:eek:

Stay far far away from this stuff, it messed me up bad.

I began taking Wellbutrin 4 years ago for nicotine craving relief, and I still take it today for depression relief.

It immediately reduced my cravings for nicotine. It gave me absolutely NO sexual side effects. It helped control my depression. And under my perscription drug plan, it costs me only $5 per month.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a miracle drug. But it doesn't help everyone like it helped me. Different people react differently to it.

It's worth a try.

GROBOT said:
Drink lots of water, and go to quitnet for support, you don't have to do it alone, a ton of people willing to help, I've been quit for almost 14 years, I treated cigs like AA, one day at a time, I smoked 35 years, 10cents a pack at the commisary when i started, sheeesh 7 bucks a pack now, truthfully it was the money that motivated me, not health, I smoke enough meds to make up for it,, good luck with the quit,, remember quiting might take some practice, keep at it, keep quiting, if you fail a couple times hey, eventually it will happen, peace
The moneys OK but look how much living I might add to my longivity, thats my spur, thats my bottom line I'll live longer. I tried to paste my stats, i've added 20 months of life, ya google quit net, theres a forum for every life style, it will free you of the bondage of self

i quit using acupuncture two or three years ago. I had five sessions and it worked.

Rosebud said:
i quit using acupuncture two or three years ago. I had five sessions and it worked.

:aok:

Whatever works...for YOU!!! Everyone is different, try to find something that works and never stop trying!!! If I were serious about stopping, even hypnotism would be on the table...

You can do it, OG!! I am praying for you!

well folks,i'm still off 'em! and its getting ever so slightly easyer! i'm getting used to not lighting up but, the weird thing is,i tried years ago to quit and was off 'em for a good few weeks,and i went for a drink with friends one night and,yip you guessed it,back on em after 3 guinness!

so this time i've pre-empted that and had a glass of red wine @ night,no problem right??! wrong!!! having a drink isnt the problem. i got a bit of pollen off one of the boys,and was smoking it through a pipe, but it was so weird sitting stoned,and not having smoked a joint! i've been smoking joints since i was 14/15 im 32 this year!

but again its all about "learning not lean on tobbaco" as someone else said previous,and basically learning to live your life a different way without using it as a coping mechanisim.

a big thanx to everyone who has posted here-you all have a part to play in me quitting!!!!

:holysheep: i think i might just make it this time!!

Latest posts

Back