Rabbits!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tn_toker420

PurpMountainMan
Reaction score
ok folks, it's the invasion of the wabbits...and i need help...They've already taken one, and i'll be dadbumed if they'll take another...So, anyone have any helpful info on keepin these critters at bay??? Anything's appreciated, thanks

kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit, jk thats never good, hope it works out. good luck.

oh that's what i'd love to do...if he's still around by the 4th i might just get out the .410 on 'em ...I'd rather take a 12 gauge to 'em but i'm in a more gated subdivision, sorta...but i do have my privacy...I've read that Urinating around the area will deter critters and also soap...would this be effective???

woasted wabbit is wonderful :rofl:

seriously though, the sure fire method is to use little circular fences higher than the wascally wabbit can reach, probably 3 ft would do it. I had a whole grow circumscribed by wabbits, weally pissed me off too. :farm:

We have them dang wabbits and deer too, both have a fondness for weed. From what I've seen, deer will eat anything if not desuaded otherwise. :watchplant:

ok so what's the best deterrant for rabbits ppl??? i'm freaking out...also i have another post which i've had no replies, which is a lot more important to me...The nibbled off plant..I'm wondering if applying a rooting hormone, and applying to moist soil will it have a chance of rooting??? it was bitten pretty clean at the first node, leaving one set of leaves that i'm wondering will die or continue to grow as if topped..??? please and thanks,

tn_toker420 said:
ok so what's the best deterrant for rabbits ppl??? i'm freaking out...also i have another post which i've had no replies, which is a lot more important to me...The nibbled off plant..I'm wondering if applying a rooting hormone, and applying to moist soil will it have a chance of rooting??? it was bitten pretty clean at the first node, leaving one set of leaves that i'm wondering will die or continue to grow as if topped..??? please and thanks,

put a fence around each plant higher than the wabbit can reach :doh: :rolleyes:

I have good results by sprinkling human hair and some urine (which I collect in a bottle during the week prior to visiting my grow spot :yeahthat: ) about a metre around my plants. I've seen many rabbits in the area, so it's been a specific concern of mine. Also, the home-made organic insect repellent that I use - which contains chillies, garlic and washing up liquid may have the added effect of making the leaves taste like s#!t - which may further deter them. I take my dog on my weekly visit too, so she will be spreading her scent around the general area. Combined, I hope that these methods produce a strong deterrent.

I think I've read that once your plants are a reasonable size they become less attractive to the bunnies, so if yours are less than 2ft at the moment, fencing may be the best option. Good luck. :)

Bulgarblast said:
I have good results by sprinkling human hair and some urine (which I collect in a bottle during the week prior to visiting my grow spot :yeahthat: ) about a metre around my plants. I've seen many rabbits in the area, so it's been a specific concern of mine. Also, the home-made organic insect repellent that I use - which contains chillies, garlic and washing up liquid may have the added effect of making the leaves taste like s#!t - which may further deter them. I take my dog on my weekly visit too, so she will be spreading her scent around the general area. Combined, I hope that these methods produce a strong deterrent.

I think I've read that once your plants are a reasonable size they become less attractive to the bunnies, so if yours are less than 2ft at the moment, fencing may be the best option. Good luck. :)

:farm: Wabbits will eat the bark off in a circular fashion, killing the plant, no matter how tall they are. The only POSITIVE way is to fence off the plants individually with chicken wire, making sure to bury the bottom of the wire so they cannot dig underneath.

Latest posts

Back