Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aint that the gawddamn truth!
Even a beater ford over 100,000 miles is 10,000 here.
😳
I just bought a 2015 F150 this past summer. Two wheel drive, Plain Jane pickup with extended cab. It has damage to the aluminum bed, and 100,000 miles. Fvckers would not budge on price. 10K.
I badgered 'em for two weeks. The thing had been there for 6 months...and they still wouldn't budge. Guy gave me kudos for tryin' ta' beat up on him though! lol

There just wasn't anything else like it that I wanted...and could afford.

My first new pickup cost $3250 back in '73. Hate too guess what a new Chevy half ton costs nowadays.
I've never bought a new vehicle. LOL

I buy beaters and make sure they're safe and reliable. I usually get ten years or so out of my "junk" that I drive.
That's SANS PAYMENTS. I ain't no foo'.

I’ve driven nothing but Ford super duty’s for the last 30 years I have yet to have a problem with one. I am currently driving a 2019 lariat four-door with all the bells and whistles plus a few Ford didn’t offer. The sticker price on that beast was $83,000, but after two days of negotiation, I got them down to 63. I figured this will be the last pick up truck I’ll ever buy… my warranty expired so I bought an aftermarket warranty that covers my truck for whatever happens as long as I send them $100 a month… a steep sum to pay but when diesel trucks break, they get very expensive… I looked at the F1 50s which were considerably cheaper but they would not perform and do what I need them to do without breaking

I’ve driven nothing but Ford super duty’s for the last 30 years I have yet to have a problem with one. I am currently driving a 2019 lariat four-door with all the bells and whistles plus a few Ford didn’t offer. The sticker price on that beast was $83,000, but after two days of negotiation, I got them down to 63. I figured this will be the last pick up truck I’ll ever buy… my warranty expired so I bought an aftermarket warranty that covers my truck for whatever happens as long as I send them $100 a month… a steep sum to pay but when diesel trucks break, they get very expensive… I looked at the F1 50s which were considerably cheaper but they would not perform and do what I need them to do without breaking
I haul a sheet of plywood now and again, and drag a 5X10 trailer around if needed. My wife likes my pickup truck. I don't need much else out of it. LOL

I will say, a few years ago I could have bought a new standard cab 5.0L fleet 3/4 ton 4X4 F150 for considerably less than a turbo'd V6, fancy F150 office on wheels. That would have been a good deal, but I didn't need a truck. And it was new. A new car loses 30% driving off the lot, I've heard...I've never researched it. I believe it, though.

I live in town. I haul bags of mulch and a box of books or my riding mower and the dogs. Not much else.

My 2002 Chevy Avalanche has 357,000 miles and that 496 with a 411 rear end is still going strong. Took the Cat converters off, run straight to a thrush muffler. I use 15W40 diesel oil in it.
If that one goes I can pick up another 8.1/496 for about 3000.00 with 75,ooo miles on it. That's just broke in as far as I'm concerned.
Will cost me about 5500.00 after installation.
Fk buying another truck. I love my Avalanche.

Last edited:
woo hoo!

IMG_7133.jpeg

while the avalanche is a nice ride, it's wouldn't hold up the rigors of being my ride...my loaded trailer would push it thru an intersection if approached too fast...I still rely on electric brakes...

I've found myself in a particularly foul mood this evening...being around idiots doesn't help matters...I don't think I was that ignorant when I was in my 20's...damn near smacked someone when I was in town but now I'm home with the boys where life is good...

while the avalanche is a nice ride, it's wouldn't hold up the rigors of being my ride...my loaded trailer would push it thru an intersection if approached too fast...I still rely on electric brakes...
Mine is a 2500 with a shift kit. It was made for pulling heavy shit brother. When I bought it the guy only used it to pull his 27ft travel trailer. That's why it has the 8.1 Vortec Engine and Big ass transmission. The tires holds 80lbs😁

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back