Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5ec6ac547a95a82066f08659aa1e23ad.gif

Mine is a 2500 with a shift kit. It was made for pulling heavy shit brother. When I bought it the guy only used it to pull his 27ft travel trailer. That's why it has the 8.1 Vortec Engine and Big ass transmission. The tires holds 80lbs😁
I had no idea the avalanche came in a 2500 series truck. I always thought they were a weenie half ton pick up trucks that we’re going through an identity crisis… that big motor of yours produces quite a bit of power, but it lacks in the torque department… what kind of mileage are you getting with that rig?

Done it and it hurt and I still aint right.
Does make me appreciate pretty much everything.
Happened a few months before I joined here and was actually kind of why I did.
you ain't ever been right dude;)...my heart stopped twice, don't remember anything from either event...probably for the best...the docs say the third time is a charm...no after effects other than being incredibly woozie...what would bother me the most about dying is leaving my boys behind...

I had no idea the avalanche came in a 2500 series truck. I always thought they were a weenie half ton pick up trucks that we’re going through an identity crisis… that big motor of yours produces quite a bit of power, but it lacks in the torque department… what kind of mileage are you getting with that rig?
About 12 mpg.😁
I can pull just about anything with that beast.
Good thing is I'm close to work now. A tank of gas has lasted me for 4 weeks. I just filled up again yesterday. Fker has a 34 gallon tank. 😱

At 496 inch cubic inches of displacement, the burly 8.1L Vortec is rated between 320 to 340 horsepower and 440 to 455 lb-ft of torque, depending on the model year. For the 2001 model year, the Vortec produced within 50 lb-ft of torque of the mighty 6.6L Duramax diesel while surpassing the diesel's horsepower rating significantly

https://www.dieselhub.com/gas/gm-8.1-vortec-v8.html

The 8.1 Vortec was made to keep up with the Power Stroke Diesel Engine. And they matched it with an Alison Transmission.
When I moved from Florida, it was a 1200+ mile move. I had a Hertz box truck. Biggest one they had. I can't remember if it was a 26' or a 28', but it was a big'un. Loaded to the gills (I'm positive it was way over) and pulling a car hauler trailer behind it with a fully loaded Toyota station wagon aboard. Drove it straight through. Fully loaded semi's were passing us on those uphill stretches. TINS.

Those Kentucky/Tennessee hills destroyed that big old Allison transmission. We made it to our destination, but by the time we turned that truck in, the transmission was grinding fine powder. LOL

At 496 inch cubic inches of displacement, the burly 8.1L Vortec is rated between 320 to 340 horsepower and 440 to 455 lb-ft of torque, depending on the model year. For the 2001 model year, the Vortec produced within 50 lb-ft of torque of the mighty 6.6L Duramax diesel while surpassing the diesel's horsepower rating significantly

https://www.dieselhub.com/gas/gm-8.1-vortec-v8.html
I read their comparison and they’re with all due respect, there is nothing on the road that will perform like a power stroke. End of discussion, they are comparing your Vortech motor versus the Duramax diesel The power stroke makes twice the torque The Duramax does at 955 foot pounds… I get 17 miles per gallon around town and then varies around 20 on the highway if I’m not pulling any weight. Put about 9 tons of weight on the trailer and I’m going to single-digit numbers for mileage…

I am no motor head and never claimed to be.
I have a Brother who is a expert mech who ran fleet service for a co for 25years 150 fords.
Its interesting to hear a mechanic explain the power diesel and how it fires and the ins and outs with pressures.
Not easy being a mechanic .
You can understand those who specialize

Latest posts

Back