re-do again...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenjerry

Green Jerry
Reaction score
I am high, to all…
I have been learning these past few months and I have learned a bit from here and from experience…

-I grow room is at 6 sq feet…and is 35 inches tall…
-I am using a fan to bring air in and take air out…
-I have the walls covered with tin foil…
-I am using 12 CFL lights…
-I have about 3500 to 4000 lumens per sq foot…
-I have 7 plants that I have started out in bag soil of 9 month feed (Nutt in it)
-have then under 24 hour lights (till 30 days old then 12/12)
-But will be transplant after 8 days into a mixture of 75% of the bag soil above and soil from outside, into a gal pot…

If I am doing anything wrong or right…please let me know also if I need to change something around so that things will work out right this time…

Do you plan on flowering with your CFLs? The only reason I'm asking is because you said that your grow space is only 35 inches tall. This space should be ok for a descent CFL grow, but doesn't really allow any space at all for an HPS. Also, I would look into some descent soil or soil less mix for your transplant, unless of coarse you have some good soil outside. I usually stay away from soil with nutrients already in it, just because I like to control exactly which nutes I add, and how much of them. But that's just me. Other than that, it sounds like you have a pretty good setup. Good luck, and let's see some pics!

andy52 said:
the tin foil needs to go.it causes hot spots and is not reflective as you would think.jmo

thanks will be taking it down...is it ok to leave walls blank that are wood...

groworganic said:
Do you plan on flowering with your CFLs? The only reason I'm asking is because you said that your grow space is only 35 inches tall. This space should be ok for a descent CFL grow, but doesn't really allow any space at all for an HPS. Also, I would look into some descent soil or soil less mix for your transplant, unless of coarse you have some good soil outside. I usually stay away from soil with nutrients already in it, just because I like to control exactly which nutes I add, and how much of them. But that's just me. Other than that, it sounds like you have a pretty good setup. Good luck, and let's see some pics!

I will be using that cfl light to flower and I will putting them in flowering at 30 days or till the get about 10 to 12 inches tall...so I am hoping the 32 to 35 inches will be ok...

sounds good.it would be best to paint the walls white if mylar is not feasible right now.

I think usin soil from outside is askin for critters....unless you sterilize it in the oven

Latest posts

Back