Re-using potting soil????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Reaction score
Hi all! Is there anything wrong with using leftover potting soil from previous marijuana plants? What do you do? Do you break it up? This is something I've wondered about.

I use it to fill holes my dogs dig....... I use it to mix in hole with new plants placed outdoors........ I use it to fill in raised beds....... I use it cover bare spots in the yard to get grass to grow....... I use it to repot house plants......I do NOT use it to grow my herb again...... to much time and work go into growing to take chances..... cutting corners is not the way to grow ones finest herb.

Grower13 said:
I use it to fill holes my dogs dig....... I use it to mix in hole with new plants placed outdoors........ I use it to fill in raised beds....... I use it cover bare spots in the yard to get grass to grow....... I use it to repot house plants......I do NOT use it to grow my herb again...... to much time and work go into growing to take chances..... cutting corners is not the way to grow ones finest herb.

Your missing out then my friend. I am on my 8th recycle of Pro-mix. Yes, 8th....

Don't be too hasty HG. The link I posted links you to posts by several advocates that recycle and haven't bought soil in years.

-nasty

nouvellechef said:
Your missing out then my friend. I am on my 8th recycle of Pro-mix. Yes, 8th....

I recycle mine as well....... I'm sure the soil can/could of been made good as new...... even used as it is it'll grow grass better than the dirt in the yard........ however...... just in case....... please tell me how and what you do to rebuild the soil....... I do like to learn.:D

Grower13 said:
I recycle mine as well....... I'm sure the soil can/could of been made good as new...... even used as it is it'll grow grass better than the dirt in the yard........ however...... just in case....... please tell me how and what you do to rebuild the soil....... I do like to learn.:D

Organic ammendments only. Just cut the plant down, shake the rootball of excess soil, add mixture of ingredients, water and cook for 30 days. Ready to go for another cycle. :)

Grower13 said:
"cook"? as in bake in the sun?

Inside if your growing indoors. Just in somewhat warm space. Outdoor grows, sure in the sun.

Latest posts

Back