Ready to flower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amon1011

Reaction score
My 400W HPS light just came and i hooked it up, I am leaving it under for 24/0 rite now to see if i can get them to grow a lil more before i put them into flower. Here are some pics, tell me what you think and do they look ready to flower.

PIC-0036.jpg

PIC-0037.jpg

PIC-0038.jpg

Looks good man, u could flower em now if ya want. Remember they will stretch sum wen u do start to flower so make sure u have enough room to finish them!

They look fantastic my friend, like "Y" says, leave room for them to expand....but also be careful.....SOMETIMES...not all of the time..a 24/0 light cycle can cause a plant to go herme depending on if it is sexually mature or not yet....18/6 is safer..but you do get bigger plants with a 24/0 cycle, which it looks like you're doing just fine with. Keep up the good work :)

Peace, Love and Tie Dye,

Cam

i like the idea of changing it up slowly to 18/6 you figure in nature the light adjustment is over time, goodjob they look very happy! let us kno what u do

Reactions: Cam
cannagro said:
i like the idea of changing it up slowly to 18/6 you figure in nature the light adjustment is over time, goodjob they look very happy! let us kno what u do
That is why I did it, and SO FAR...I have had fantastic luck.

Peace, Love and Tie Dye,
Cam

it has worked for me, and i do a lot 24hrs light cuz i like them big but i like fem too, lol

plants looking awesome man id say start the flower in a few days, they'll love soakin up that beautiful hps light :D

what kinda soil you have goin on down there? :p

I have been using MG organic soil and has worked great, I have sand over it b/c i had a gnat problem but the sand seems to be working great. Also the reason i'm keeping the HPS 24/0 is b/c thats wat I had my flouros as i'm jus leaving it to see if i can get a lil extra real quick before i put them into flower. As for the room im figuring some will be male so, only thing with that is i might have ordered feminized seeds i'm jus not sure.

They looked full and healthy after being on for 24 hours so i just put them onto 12/12, let's see what happens.

i wish i could get theat far without killing my plants... again....

May i say the ladies look great. Hope you get nothing but females mang. GREEN MOJO for the ladies. ;)

I got the same set up, you'll love it, just watch out for the heat!!! I did 24/0 and got 4 out of 6 confirmed females, 1 male, and 1 unknown (yet). But you have alternating stems, so it looks like they are def. ready. I actually forced mine to flower before I had alternating stems. I actually still don't, but I have flowers so... Anyway, good luck man they will grow like crazy now.

Cam said:
They look fantastic my friend, like "Y" says, leave room for them to expand....but also be careful.....SOMETIMES...not all of the time..a 24/0 light cycle can cause a plant to go herme depending on if it is sexually mature or not yet....18/6 is safer..but you do get bigger plants with a 24/0 cycle, which it looks like you're doing just fine with. Keep up the good work :)

Peace, Love and Tie Dye,

Cam

"I" have never had, nor have I heard anyone else say that 24/0 has caused hermophradism. Flucuation or inconsistant light schedules, "YES"...but a consistant 24/0, never.
"MOST" strains of MJ (equatorial sativas being the possible exception) will veg well under any "consistant" light cycle consisting of 16 or more hours of lighting. The advantage that I have found with 24/0, is less stretching, tighter nodal growth, not "size" nor "speed" of growth.
Under 24/0, "I" seem to get the same "amount" of growth(number of nodes) as 18/6, they are simply closer together under 24/0.

thats the great part about indoors u can manipulate more than nature would

for my whole bunch of 2 prior grows....i always veg 24 and ive never had problems for my entire extensive growing career,lol....for what its worth

This is my firs grow and after what i had looked up i heard 18/6 was good so thats what I did. Then 5 wks later when I heard the only problem with 24/0 was electricity bill i rite away turned them on and left htem on and they've grown twice and fast and actually look healthier, also I just put them into flower and made sure my timers workin and switches so wen should i be expectimin male female

2 weeks but it could vary jus keep ur eye out for a banana

Latest posts

Back