Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Ready to harvest?

craterlake

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
228
Reaction score
2
Hi folks!
I am getting sooo excited! My trichomes are getting really cloudy now. I have harvested a small plant already when they were half clear, half cloudy so I can compare. The rest I thought I'd leave for awhile. But not to the point of turning to couchlock stage. I don't want that kind of buzz thank-you very much!! I dried the buds over a few days until they felt dry on the outside, but not crispy. Now I have them in tupperware bowls to cure. I have been burping them a couple times a day. So guys, am I on the right track?? :rolleyes:

tanks!!
 
R

Roddy

Guest
Sounds like you're on the right track to me! I'd let the trichs go to amber, maybe around 40%-50% amber. This will give a good strong high with a good taste, high won't be overly strong.

Pics...where's the pics??:D :D
 

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
I never go beyond 10-20% amber....personal preference though. I find after 20% it is way too couch lock city for me.
 

craterlake

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
228
Reaction score
2
Roddy said:
Sounds like you're on the right track to me! I'd let the trichs go to amber, maybe around 40%-50% amber. This will give a good strong high with a good taste, high won't be overly strong.

Pics...where's the pics??:D :D

Oh you had to bring that up didn't ya!! LOL!. I have downloaded firefox but haven't done anything with it yet. I haven't uninstalled Picasa yet either. I thought I'd try that in case something didn't load right? I am not getting the same picture you guys do. I don't have a 'choose file' button. Sooooo...I will be working on that, but now I've been busy checking trichomes 'cause I don't want to miss any important windows! My samples so far are really great. I am pleased, so later ones should be even better! I started out drying them in the closet with the other plants, but read that that would be too hot, so now I have them all hanging on a hangar out in the main room with the ceiling fan on low. It is the coolest room in the house also. I don't want any mold!!
 
R

Roddy

Guest
A darker room is better, less fan is good as well...imho!

I think you'll be fine, sounds like you're on track!
 

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
702
Reaction score
25
Looking good...Hammy, I like the couch lock!:rofl: I usually pull about 30-40% amber (or more)... But it's better for pain this way too!;)

Edit: I've been smoking for quite some time and don't really get "couch lock" anymore... I still function, then again; all I do is sit here at the house, clean a little, and type a lot!:rofl:
 

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
Gixxerman420 said:
Looking good...Hammy, I like the couch lock!:rofl: I usually pull about 30-40% amber (or more)... But it's better for pain this way too!;)

Edit: I've been smoking for quite some time and don't really get "couch lock" anymore... I still function, then again; all I do is sit here at the house, clean a little, and type a lot!:rofl:
I hear ya but I think if you took my Larry OG cut out to 50-60 amber you wld once again get that couch locked feeling....lol
First time I grew her I took her at 71 days I believe and she was only about 20% amber and she put me down hard. I cldnt imagine 50-60 amber.
I hear ya though....my tolerance is so high my friends don't even like to smoke with me because they get wrecked and I am just buzzed.
 

craterlake

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
228
Reaction score
2
Roddy said:
A darker room is better, less fan is good as well...imho!

I think you'll be fine, sounds like you're on track!
This is my dark room, all windows are blacked out and dark curtains drawn and taped at edges. It's pitch black in there! This is where my closet garden is and that has doors that I close also. Of course theres a glow around the closet doors when the lights are on, but not much.
I'm glad you think I'm doing OK. I would so hate to ruin things at this point!! :eek:
 
R

Roddy

Guest
Sounds like I'm taking mine too far sometimes then lol....but I like it!

Sounds good then, Crater, sounds like you're making all the right moves! Can't wait to hear a smoke report! Give me a yell if you want help trying to figure out the pics some more!
 

craterlake

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
228
Reaction score
2
Roddy said:
Sounds like I'm taking mine too far sometimes then lol....but I like it!

Sounds good then, Crater, sounds like you're making all the right moves! Can't wait to hear a smoke report! Give me a yell if you want help trying to figure out the pics some more!
Will do Roddy and thanks! I have tried some (on a fast dry) already and it's pretty good now so it should be great when it's a little more mature!:)
 

craterlake

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
228
Reaction score
2
Roddy said:
Sounds like I'm taking mine too far sometimes then lol....but I like it!

Sounds good then, Crater, sounds like you're making all the right moves! Can't wait to hear a smoke report! Give me a yell if you want help trying to figure out the pics some more!
Good morning! I have a concern..the buds that I have put in tupperware bowls to cure seem really moist this morning. Is this part of the curing process? They were quite dry feeling when I put them in there? Should I hang them again to dry some more?

tanks!
 

hick.man

ONE HITTER QUITTER
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
morning crater. yes this is part of the process. now you want to let them air out again until the outer feels almost crispy again. and then seal it up again over night (or maybe less) and then check again in the morning for them being moist again. you are drawing out the inner moisture. eventually it will cure out, and that's when you want to crack the seal for about 10-15min a day(burping). but don't dry it out so it crispy all the way to the inside. that would be too dry. don"t rush it and you will have a great tasting. cool (not harsh) product. this works great for me.
hope this helps.
 

TheKlonedRanger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
536
Reaction score
157
When you put them in the container, could you snap the stems when you try to bend them?

It could be that they weren't dry enough before you put them into the container. Was there condensation in the container?
 
R

Roddy

Guest
Yes, hick.man got it! I'd say you didn't hang it quite long enough, let the buds hang until, the stems almost snap (brittle, but won't break), then put in jars (tupperware).
 

craterlake

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
228
Reaction score
2
hick.man said:
morning crater. yes this is part of the process. now you want to let them air out again until the outer feels almost crispy again. and then seal it up again over night (or maybe less) and then check again in the morning for them being moist again. you are drawing out the inner moisture. eventually it will cure out, and that's when you want to crack the seal for about 10-15min a day(burping). but don't dry it out so it crispy all the way to the inside. that would be too dry. don"t rush it and you will have a great tasting. cool (not harsh) product. this works great for me.
hope this helps.
Thanks Hick! I was wondering if I hadn't let them dry enough in the first place. I have re-hung them and will check them tonite and see if they are ready.

tanks!!:)
 

craterlake

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
228
Reaction score
2
TheKlonedRanger said:
When you put them in the container, could you snap the stems when you try to bend them?

It could be that they weren't dry enough before you put them into the container. Was there condensation in the container?
I didn't check the stems when I put them in there. I'm still learning stuff like this. But I did this morning and they were still quite green! I have re-hung them to dry a bit more.

tanks!!
 

craterlake

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
228
Reaction score
2
Roddy said:
Yes, hick.man got it! I'd say you didn't hang it quite long enough, let the buds hang until, the stems almost snap (brittle, but won't break), then put in jars (tupperware).
OK, I have re-hung them to dry some more. I had forgotten that stem checking step! :doh:

tanks !!
 

Latest posts

Top