Remember my cute little planties?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryjanegirl

Reaction score
They are going to be all grown up! Hopefully!!! I can't tell the sex yet, because there are no preflowers. Two of them are way taller than the others, which makes it difficult, because I have to keep finding things to set under the pots to raise them.

They are in their 10th day of flowering, 150w hps bulb, using earthjuice bloom and earthjuice micronutrients. These plants are from bag seeds, which may explain why they are so different from one another. I am worried that the two large plants are taking all the light.

When is it fine to top my plants? Mr. Green says to do it a week after flowering.....

Any Advise?? Thanks!!!

P1010142.JPG

P1010143.JPG

P1010144.JPG

Hello Mary :)

Shame on me, I read that as panties :eek:

Your plants look beautiful :)

keep an eye on the taller ones, when you grow a set of plants all grown at the same time and some grow taller quicker, they are ususlly the males ;)

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:

keep an eye on the taller ones, when you grow a set of plants all grown at the same time and some grow taller quicker, they are ususlly the males ;)

Oh no!!! And they look the healthiest!!! My other plants are having nutrient problems I think :(

Should I be toping my plants?

yeah, i wouldnt personally top now. Could create a hermie. but its up to you.

schoolboy420 said:
yeah, i wouldnt personally top now. Could create a hermie. but its up to you.
I would. You want to top before you flower. As long as she isn't showing sex it should be fine.
I broke my main cola on one of my plants 5 weeks in. Had no problem..
As long as she doesn't stress the plant out after she tops with bad light timing or leaking. She should be fine

What,those planties you left in my bledroom?:hubba:

Sorry maryjanegirl,couldn't resist but to answer your question it's better to top in veg as why devote flowering time to tops of plants you are gonna cut off?

The part of the plant sensitive to light is at the growing tips and accumulates a hormone called phytochrome when flowering is induced so if you top a plant in flower you remove the very thing by which the plant senses its environment and is I'm sure more stressful than doing the same in veg.

But I've topped late no problem to address height issues and I don't personally think it's stress enough to cause hermaphrodism in healthy plants.

HippyInEngland said:

....;)

your_sister.jpg

Yesssssssssssssssss!!!!! I have 5 definite females out of the 6 I planted. The 6th one I am wating for, because it looks kind of male, so I am going to wait a bit until I am positive, since it is a late bloomer. Maybe I will have all females!! I feel so lucky! The plants are doing so well!

I will post pictures next week when the flowers are a little more visible, since my camera doesn't have good zoom!

HippyInEngland said:

I did the same thing

Beautiful ladies, just like their mother Im sure;)
btw where did you get the buckets? i like;

HippyInEngland said:

Me too, and I'm going to keep it that way.........:hubba:

In other news: Mary your plants look very nice! Congrats on all the females, I hope I am as "lucky" as you! Oh and those buckets are awesome haha

The plant on the left in the 3 picture is cool looking, it's like a damn tree

My girls are budding and getting pretty hairy~! Here are the latest pics! 4th week flowering going on 5th....do they look alright? I know the leaves have gotten burned in a few places and what not, but are they budding alright?

Thanks everyone for all your help and support :) :) :) How much longer does it look like I have to go?

P1010414.JPG

P1010416.JPG

P1010418.JPG

maryjanegirl said:
My girls are budding and getting pretty hairy~! Here are the latest pics! 4th week flowering going on 5th....do they look alright? I know the leaves have gotten burned in a few places and what not, but are they budding alright?

Thanks everyone for all your help and support :) :) :) How much longer does it look like I have to go?

Looks Good..!!

They look good, but it seems like you could do something about the yellowing. Is the pH within the proper range? Do you have a nitrogen deficiency? 5 weeks into flowering, hmmmm... I wonder if that's a bit too soon for yellowing leaves. It looks like you've more than three or four weeks to go before they're finished.

The flowers look nice and healthy to me. I imagine you already know that more light would yield bigger buds. Enough said, they look good, nice and pretty. I just like to help, not piss you off.

Thanks you guys!!! Yess! I am thinking about getting a grow tent for my next grow and a 250w hps.

I am not sure what the problem is with the ph, because I haven't had a PH tester for the entire grow.

http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=51920

Does that grow tent look good? How will I know if it gives off gasses?

Will the buds get way bigger before I harvest them? I am worried that they won't grow much bigger!

Latest posts

Back