RO System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Britas just dont cut it like the multi stage RO units...and the ones that do (add on to faucets) only filter a couple hundred gallons and the filter replacements are almost as expensive as the unit itself. R/O is the way to go in the longrun...

trillions of atoms said:
Britas just dont cut it like the multi stage RO units...and the ones that do (add on to faucets) only filter a couple hundred gallons and the filter replacements are almost as expensive as the unit itself. R/O is the way to go in the longrun...

Well, it was just a thought. If it's a small grow, like mine, it would work, but I guess if he's running a hydro system or a large grow it would be different story.

Melvan2 said:
Well, it was just a thought. If it's a small grow, like mine, it would work, but I guess if he's running a hydro system or a large grow it would be different story.

you are correct,but even so a brita filter will not clean water as good as an RO unit :)

I found a 5 and a 6 stage between 80-100 with shipping not bad.

Question for anyone, are you able to add a DI to any RO system that is not the same name brand? I picked up used RO but does not have the DI, I am able to buy the DI from the company but they want a little more then I wan to pay.

Thank got one for 36.00 used and all I need is a DI which I found for 15.00. :)

I spoke with a company today that I am ordering my filters and extra parts that are needed.

ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS
Hope this helps someone else.
Questions
1. What did the colors mean and which one is for drinking water? This is what I just found: Black: Inlet water Yellow: Waste water Blue: Drinking water. I am going to need to order a few adapters, I need the waste water and water connector adapter which are pretty cheap.

2. How would I hook up a DI, meaning output of what to the input of DI?
YES

3. I want to use this for Drinking water as well as for growing so what lines would I use for what?
Get a post carbon filter and a Union Tee. Come out of the RO the use a UNION TEE to connect to the INPUT of the Post Carbon filter and DI. Now you have two outputs.

4. Can I use any filter size, meaning I seen some Sediment with a .05 and 1.0 how much of a different is it and what do you guys recommend?
Yes, as long as you have the right height filter.

I am learning as I go and finding out a lot about RO systems I can wait to get it up and running so I no longer have to buy bottled water. :)

DSC00187.JPG

DSC00188.JPG

DSC00189.JPG

Latest posts

Back