Roadside dope tester on the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. If there is a way to make money, someone will think of it.

The comments after the article were entertaining. The best one I liked was:

"90 seconds to wait? Damn! I hope they provide some munchies"

Hhahaahahahahahahaa

If everyone were required to carry a loaded firearm on their person, after a brief sleezeball eliminating time period, the cops would become unnecessary. The lowlifes would be under control and the good people could defend themselves again, just as they did 200 years ago.

We don't really need cops.

There ya go Mr. Piggie, spit on that!

Damn I hate cops! I cuss every time I see one of those Gestapo wannabies.

A mouth Swab is only accurate up to 3 days. So I would assume that in the reverse sense this test could pick up your smoking from 3 days ago. Therefore, invalid, and a major invasion of privacy.

Stoneybud said:
If everyone were required to carry a loaded firearm on their person, after a brief sleezeball eliminating time period, the cops would become unnecessary. The lowlifes would be under control and the good people could defend themselves again, just as they did 200 years ago.

We don't really need cops.
post3.jpg

Does make ya think about the DNA ramifications.
mi wonder wat happens to the saliva sample after/if it tests positive? im sure they keep it for evidence etc. and god knows wat else. i'll never spit in jack for anyone no matter the reason. even if it means goin to jail otherwise. jmo

:confused2: I was just thinking..How are they suppose to test for mj when one of the side of effects of smoking mj is cotton mouth? :laugh:

yea that meter comes near me im screwed!!!! I just cant see it working just my opinion.

if it means the cops cant use the excuse as to not knowing exactly when we are "stoned", im all for it, legalize and regulate, this is just a new form of regulation, should ease up some of the johnnies.

pcduck said:
Does make ya think about the DNA ramifications.

In case your NOT aware, the Patroit Act states that if ANY LEO or Government agency ALREADY has your DNA or gets it, they can use/compare it over and over again without a warrant or cause.

I agree with JBonez, if this allows cops to accurately measure someones intoxication to MJ..I'm all for it. But if the mouth swab can only give them a 3 day window of when you could have smoked, then No..this is crap. However, some kind of road-side test will have to be developed before we all get our wish with decriminalization/legalization. I mean if you smoke enough green to where you get pulled over by a cop and are shown to be impaired by a legit test..then you deserve to go straight to jail..you are endangering the lives of other people and that's unacceptable. I believe someone on this forum was or is a wrecker driver (sorry I can't remember who it is) and can attest to the mangled wrecks he's seen from alcohol and MJ alike. As far as the gov't having my DNA...enjoy it, i hope they play with it daily...i'm not going to murder anyone or do anything where they would need to compare my dna to anything. Make me a clone or something idk

We need to see if cannabis can even effect your motor skills or not...

I believe that this is a case by case basis.

The common practice of measuring B.A.C. is critically flawed because every single person is different.

The Effen Gee said:
We need to see if cannabis can even effect your motor skills or not...

I believe that this is a case by case basis.

The common practice of measuring B.A.C. is critically flawed because every single person is different.

This is so going to be the case with this or any test they come up with. The last time I went on probation, my first test was off the charts (1000 ng+). It took 77 days to get it under the bottom level (50 ng). So, as per my states laws I was intoxicated the entire time, since they use the bottom level as the cut off for DUI for pot. So for 11 weeks I didn't use at all, and would have still been considered dui by the police.

No matter what they do, they will never be able to accurately tell intoxication unless they find a way to figure out the ACTIVE levels of thc, cbd's, and related properties. The same with what you said about BAC levels. My state is .08% (as are most now) for dui, but my only dui was at a level of .10, and I wasn't even buzzed. We were at dinner for two hours, and I had three beers. But, I agree that some people are wrecked at that level, so in the best interest of the public, I agree with .10%. We just need a way to accurately tell how high someone is, then I would support it 100%.

We already have roadside drug and alcohol testing here in Australia, they can ping you on the spot.

Never fear though, alcohol stuffs with the readings of the drug tester; just keep 30mls of hard liquor handy and take a swig before testing.

We've had random breath testing here since the mid 80's when drink driving was a National Sport. Random Drug testing is more recent however, probably in the last 12-18mths in my part of the country.

They would have to re-write the laws in my state before you could legally drive. my state has a zero tolerance per se drugged driving law enacted. In their strictest form, these laws forbid drivers from operating a motor vehicle if they have any detectable level of an illicit drug or drug metabolite (i.e., compounds produced from chemical changes of a drug in the body, but not necessarily psychoactive themselves) present in their bodily fluids.

So by my states law you would be DUI as long as they could find any trace elements of the metabolites from MJ. In other words they don't plan on re-writing the laws in my state. :(

Latest posts

Back