Rob Thomas is a pot head

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viper

Reaction score
Rob Thomas, the singer/songwriter of the highly successful band Matchbox Twenty, was attending the The Wackness premiere party, where he told reporters "I'm a huge pothead, and a big fan of legalization, so I'm happy to talk about it. In fact, all my stories usually start with, ‘Okay, so I was really high …'" Thomas spoke earlier about his love for marijuana in a Time Out interview (New York, Feb 6–12, 2008):

...Spoken like someone who just took a big bong rip. The affable singer, who lives with his wife and dogs in Westchester, phoned us from a tour stop in Florida to talk about drugs, rumors and V-Day, which is also his b-day (he turns 36).
You’re a pretty big loadie, aren’t you?
"Yeah, I’m a pretty big pothead."
Do you smoke every day?
"Pretty much. I’m not a save-the-world kind of guy. I didn’t start smoking pot till I was 18. But I used to do so many drugs that the fact that I smoke pot seems so tame now. I’m not doing coke, I’m not doing acid, I’m not out there flirting. I kind of narrowed it down to getting drunk every now and then and smoking pot."
Are you high right now?
"No, I’m not high right now. I don’t get high until after I work out. I like to wake up and do all my stuff and have my breakfast. When I get to rehearsal, then I’ll smoke."

i like matchbox twenty -- Whats up Rob

I forget what issue it was but I read an article with Rob Thomas in High Times, I just think it's cool that he is so open about it.

Latest posts

Back