Rockwool turning green (mold?) and yellow leaves- help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope New 2 Chronic sounds like someone needs to freakin take a bong rip haha.
all this drama because of algae lol. Im sure its a problem as the books say it is but im sure you can still grow plenty of buds that are effected with it. Its probably something that is always bound to happen sooner or later with moist conditions with lots of light. So guys can we all just, get along:bong:

CubeCap said:
Dude, you need some Algae schooling..Things are happening in your gardens that you are seemingly not aware of....Algae competes with the plants for oxygen and nutrients, Algae is the prefered breeding ground for the Fungus gnats, you know the ones? they are the tini fruit like flies, flying around your rooms, and they love to lay their eggs in that yummy Algae so its young can hatch into larva and go around feeding on your fine root hairs and burrowing into the stems of your plants (you don't see this with the naked eye and assume everything is hunky dory) besides the facts that Algae totally inhibits the Rookwool from breathing & draining correctly. Besides the fact that the holding capabilities of the Rockwool have been radically lessend because of the Algae BLOCKING the top of the block so that the max amount of oxygen is no longer available FOR YOUR ROOTS TO BREATH!

So my friend other than what I have outline for you just now, I guess you are right, Algae does nothing bad..and it's all hype!

Happy growing

Complete nOOb.

Seriously, have you ever even grown b4? So your tellin' me if I get algea on my rockwool, I am doomed?? Fungas gnats are going to kill my plants?
Algea on top of my rockwool will also inhibit O2 to my roots?????? It will also totally inhibits the breathing and draining correctly??? Dude, it is OBVIOUS you do not know what you are talking about, or you can't grow to save your life, which also means you don't know what you are talking about.

Remember, this is a MJ forum, not a Crackhead forum.

Cmon meow.

Dude, it is obvious that u and calimeds are tryin' to sell your lame plastic covers that have been in and around the scene for ALONG time. They quickly fade away.

And calimeds, you aint "scolding" anyone with bad info. And ya, I have had 2 harvests in my life. Don't be a fool man. Get a real job.

You fools ever hear of H2O2???? Kills fungus gnats and algea, while supplying O2 to your roots.

Bottom line, Algea on your rockwool cubes Type s150 is nothing to worry about AT ALL.

As a matter of fact, I will take some pics of my girls that shows crazy algea on the Rockwool. You will also notice beautiful plants coming out of the rockwool, not even phased by the "horrible, gnat producing, O2 inhibiting, root killing algea".

your an idiot, we never said they would be "doomed" we merely stated that is not optimal.

ok ok ok....chill people.

im curious as to how a plastic cover breathes better than algea? and it IS algea NOT mold. There isnt a huge deal having the algea around, its more a pest than a threat so i wouldnt worry type_

i believe its your flood and drain time thats is hindering growth- try flooding less with more space inbetween each flood. that will provide the O that they need. i know this is an old thread that yall are arguing on anyway.... but if your still having issues and your ph is cool- then try swapping up on the F/D times....i think that will help.

goodluck brother.

Calimed it is you that is suffering from ID Ten T syndrom, you've been made go try to fool someone else, or maybe make a new account and try again. We can play spot the self promoting retailer. Should be a good time.

NorCalHal said:
Complete nOOb.

Seriously, have you ever even grown b4? So your tellin' me if I get algea on my rockwool, I am doomed?? Fungas gnats are going to kill my plants?
Algea on top of my rockwool will also inhibit O2 to my roots?????? It will also totally inhibits the breathing and draining correctly??? Dude, it is OBVIOUS you do not know what you are talking about, or you can't grow to save your life, which also means you don't know what you are talking about.

Remember, this is a MJ forum, not a Crackhead forum.

Cmon meow.

Dude, it is obvious that u and calimeds are tryin' to sell your lame plastic covers that have been in and around the scene for ALONG time. They quickly fade away.

And calimeds, you aint "scolding" anyone with bad info. And ya, I have had 2 harvests in my life. Don't be a fool man. Get a real job.

You fools ever hear of H2O2???? Kills fungus gnats and algea, while supplying O2 to your roots.

Bottom line, Algea on your rockwool cubes Type s150 is nothing to worry about AT ALL.

As a matter of fact, I will take some pics of my girls that shows crazy algea on the Rockwool. You will also notice beautiful plants coming out of the rockwool, not even phased by the "horrible, gnat producing, O2 inhibiting, root killing algea".

I really don't want to, or have time to turn this into a duel of knowledge or witts, you are clearly unarmed, Lol - (I just want to say in advance that I borrowed that line from somewere and have always been looking for an oportunity to use it)..I think it has found a home with you..

Funny, have I ever grown before? Dude I am one of the pioneers, I have been growing and crossing things, In/out, rockwool, dirt, flood/drain/areoponics, Coco blah blah blah...for longer than most of you numb nuts have been alive...and know every one in the industry.. You are truley lucky and should feel privilaged that I am even speaking with you...

I don't want to make this into an ad for the Caps and apologize if it comes off this way, It is not intened to be so..

CubeCaps were invented because in a large to massive grow facility the amount of Fungus gnat Larva that you can get in a block when you have 3,000 blocks +++ is stagering. You can literaly pick up the odd plant and the stem would pop right out of the rockwool block into your hand because of the Lara that were feeding off of the roots and their was nothing left to hold the plant into the medium..Algae is the prefered breeding ground of thr Fungus gnat, no breeding ground, NO BREEDING!

We aren't talking about beeing doomed or dead grow rooms if ya don't stop Algae and Gnats, we are talking about optimal conditions for a GREATER YIELD!

Always room for improvment isn't there? Ya, Stubborn little **** head, know it all! (Opps did I say that out loud?)

To you little guys with 1 to100 plants, it really doesn't matter to much, a sticky card here and there and your done...

When you have a huge greenhouse or multiple greenhouses, believe me, IT MATTERS!

Can you understand this?

You are only speaking out of ignorence and thats cool dude, talk on, it's funny to me, How does your shoe taste?.

CubeCap is all over the world as far as Japan & Australia. The company doesn't need your 10 Cap order, believe me..

CubeCaps are mainly for the Food crop producers of the world Tomatos & Cucumbers ect..Of course on a much smaller scale very helpfull in all grow types, wink.

Not only for its Algae and Gnat elimination, It saves water & nutrients by half (50% Less) and produces better yields...Very wicked reflective!

To answer someones question earlier, the caps are breathable because they are made to sit elivated off of the block with air slots all around..

You even get new roots growing out of the top of the block without the Algae present creating a new micro enviroment..

Anyhow guys , Look, all due respect to your new found hobby and the ability to repeat **** and act like you've done it.....

I appreciate those of you who have commented in favor of the Caps...Cali

To those of you who are haters, chill out..You learned something today, embrase it...

In this thread someone was complaining about Algae, I saw it and thought I would help. I don't know how it turned into a debate..

I hope you will stop now with your comments and let people get help with their questions.

I feel bad that this has all been about CubeCap claims and not about the original question ..I will try to give a gift back to you all who might want it.

If any of you have out there got caught up in this dumb *** **** and weren't able to get answers to questions that you might have, if you want to, you could ask me and I will tell you the straight ****!

Peace, happy growing...

Calimeds - I could have some caps sent to you as a gift if you like...
complete nOOB, I would even send you and NorCalHal some too..

Later

cubecap.... i will tell you once to stop the name calling. this isnt the place for it. grow it and grow UP. There is no need for your flaming on this board or anyone else....

Do you have anything else to say?

there is no problem with debate. but to call names, flame, and try and start an altercation with other members is unnessisary....

Please take the trolling elsewhere if you wish to continue to post like you have been.

Lol Dude I saw pictures of your big grow... You have like 8 plants and they all died! LOl are you joking..

you odviously dont know how to read very well...No Dead plants in my grow.........:hitchair:

To you little guys with 1 to100 plants, it really doesn't matter to much, a sticky card here and there and your done...

Thats about everyone on here....This forumn is not for the commercial gowers and in fact they are looked down upon here for so many reasons. Your cubecaps advertisement is clearly targeting these style grows so you wont find much of an audience here im afraid...

Funny, have I ever grown before? Dude I am one of the pioneers, I have been growing and crossing things, In/out, rockwool, dirt, flood/drain/areoponics, Coco blah blah blah...for longer than most of you numb nuts have been alive...and know every one in the industry.. You are truley lucky and should feel privilaged that I am even speaking with you...

OH OH OH.....can I be the first to bow at your royal feet? 5 posts and none of them are constructive in any way.....Offer up some of your YEARS of experince to help someone and not advertise or flame the board and maybe some credibility to what you are saying can be attained....

Respect is earned, Not expected,,,,,

BTW someone on here said it best...

Fighting on the internet is like being in the special olympics.....
Sure you may win.....but your still retarded.....

This thread is pretty much over seeing as you guys just wanna debate with someone over the internet instead of addressing the problems so peace out.

Cube caps I feel your pain.

Could CubeCaps and CaliMeds be the same person?

Caps was the only one on this forumn interested in this crap the guy is pushing...

CubeCap said:

One of the Pioneers???? Are you kidding? If you were my dimwitted friend, you would realize that "cube caps" are a joke. And please, you have no idea of what I am about or what and who I know. You really think you are the only one who has grown indoors for years? Silly Rabbit. This is Cali.

And whats this crap about 7 plants?? You can't read well I see. You clown my grow and never even seen it. And beleive me young lady, this aint my first rodeo.

What you should do is go post this crap @ mjp and see how they laugh at you.

This forum is basically for beggining growers with smaller set-ups. You come in here tryin to peddle your plastic crap and scare the hell out of the new guys. Just lame. I think Tater and I have your number bud.
And beleive me, if you were the "man" and mr. big time grower, you sure wouldn't be tryin to sell little plastic caps for rockwool cubes to make money.

And your little therory of "bigger" than 100 plants need cube caps is still a joke. I really don't think you have ever seen a big op, or you would know caps are just not needed man. Do you think this is a new idea??
How long have you been growin? in the industry?? You must be from Canada. This crap gets no play in cali.

Haha...you are from Canada. No offence to Canadians, but this guy is seriously clueless.

I'm in the Bay jr., where real men grow chronic. Now I understand your thinking. AFU. We are so far ahead of your BC crap you try to push it's sickening. Thats why they give "beasters" as we call away for so cheap.
And sorry bro, your little cube caps are not going to make your smoke any better.

Pioneers....LOL.

Srry trillions, I posted before I saw yours. :( This guy just makes me laugh.
And by the way Cube, I'll be talking to my Hydrofarm rep about your business tactics.

Type_S150 said:
*****UPDATED WITH PICS- SCROLL DOWN TO REPLIES*******

Got some clones in a 4x4 tent using a flood table setup. Right now they seem to be barely growing, leaves are turning yellow and 2 cubes look like they are getting moldy. The light is air cooled, 1000w, temps in the mid 70s or so, maybe a tad higher in the middle of the day. 18 hours of light and it was being watered twice a day for about 15 minutes. What might be wrong? Not enough nutes? not enough water? Thanks

I have probably posted a total of 10 times in my life and 5 of them is from here..6 now. So the "posting edicate" I am not really up on.

Originally I came across this Algae comment on the net and wound up here so thought since I was here I would answer the guy to help him out..Damn, I will never do that again.

I see that your post was entered some time ago..I hope you figured out by now, or some helpful person from here told you that most likley you were over watering your plants..

I don't the how old your plants were but, when they are small babies they only need to be kept moist, not wet..You can water them even once a week or so (always keep in mind to keep the roots moist, never dry them out). You shouldn't water on a timer until you know the plants rythm and more importantly, only when they need it!

A 15 minute flood is to long, if they are in a rockwool medium they wick up water fast so all ya need to do is run the water undernieth the block to moisten the roots without a flood and when they need a real good watering, only flood the table up to 1/4 inch on the bottom of the block, JUST 1/4 inch!..for a time of 2 to 4 minutes (Keep your eb and flow LEVEL, not on any decline..and a remember a FAST FAST DRAIN so you get a good pull down sucking on your block the capilary action of the downward drain pulls FRESH oxygen throught he block...That gives your plant a nice air exchange..that is also another reason to let the rockwool block dry out a tad...if you keep it comlpletly saturated all the time there is not a good air exchange in your block getting oxygen to your AIR ROOTS that are locted in the top 1/3 of your growing medium..

Another good reason why ALGAE Screws things up..like I stated before "BLOCKS CAPILARY" action...

Pick the block up and feel it, if it's moist leave it alone...

It is actually a good thing to deprive the plant of water and stress it out a bit (not to much) then hit it with a fresh nutrient solution blast and watch it grow..

Most common problem for yellow is over water or ph lock (meaning ph is out of acceptable range) or bad well water!

I hope this helps

NorCalHal said:
One of the Pioneers???? Are you kidding? If you were my dimwitted friend, you would realize that "cube caps" are a joke. And please, you have no idea of what I am about or what and who I know. You really think you are the only one who has grown indoors for years? Silly Rabbit. This is Cali.

And whats this crap about 7 plants?? You can't read well I see. You clown my grow and never even seen it. And beleive me young lady, this aint my first rodeo.

What you should do is go post this crap @ mjp and see how they laugh at you.

This forum is basically for beggining growers with smaller set-ups. You come in here tryin to peddle your plastic crap and scare the hell out of the new guys. Just lame. I think Tater and I have your number bud.
And beleive me, if you were the "man" and mr. big time grower, you sure wouldn't be tryin to sell little plastic caps for rockwool cubes to make money.

And your little therory of "bigger" than 100 plants need cube caps is still a joke. I really don't think you have ever seen a big op, or you would know caps are just not needed man. Do you think this is a new idea??
How long have you been growin? in the industry?? You must be from Canada. This crap gets no play in cali.

I guess you don't read well either, I never said that over 100 plants needs caps...I said it is for large operations were an infestation of Fungus gnats are harmful. Even If you have one plant you should use them...cleaner enviorment by far..amoung tons of other attributes..

By the way how can you say with any certainly that Algae isn't a problem when clearly you have never expireinced a harvest without Algae..So how do you know?Think about it.

You should pick up a magazine, any publication that you read and trust, High times? Skunk? Treating yourself, or Go on the Cubecap web site and see the list of Magazines for yourself..Check out on the web in Japan "Tree people"...you will discover that this is a well recieved, used and needed product..

I see that this site is promoting Nirvana seeds..Give them a call ..ask them about the caps... they have them...so does DNA, Delt 9, Kiwi, KC Brains, Soma, Sensi, everyone in Holland knows us and loves us.. Call any one of these stores and ask for yourself...I am not a talker..I am a PROOF guy! and I am proving it to you..

So I challenge you PROVE me wrong..PROOF being the optimum word here.

I guess you are calling all these guys that wrote articals Newbies and lyers to, right? They tried them, did you? Cause if I am full of crap all these guys are to..

So who do we believe a yappy Mr NOrCAl, or seasond old school and cutting edge growers and breeders that have used the cubecaps...and written articals in magazines.... I have provided open proof in published material that you can easily find and all you have done is just comment from a non factual standpoint....C'mon dude..

by the way you talk about mjp, I Have been there for years we are all breeders on there sharing info.

I wanted to post the "Ontario minister of Agriculture" study on "Fungus gnat damage in Greenhouses" for you all to read but I have not posted 15 times yet... so i can not give you the url ...You will have to read it on the web site of cubecap.ca for yourself.. Don't just talk without FACTS!

Peace

P.S. Why do you not believe in the 12 UNIVERSITY STUDIES from the United States explaining the problems of Fungus gnats in greenhouse.

Stop being a negative guy...you can not ignore scientific data, can you?

P.S.S. :D

Latest posts

Back