Roots Growing UP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcarlin_818

Farmer Gill
Reaction score
whats up MP I was spending some time with my girls and i noticed on two plants that there were roots growing on top of the medium.....Does anybody know what is happening?????hopefully its another plant......I'll have the first set of self cloning plants...lol

Sounds like when you transfered the seeds you didn't plant the taproot facing down. And they probably weren't deep enough either. I saw my friends do this and those were the two reasons it happened to him.

sounds like air roots, they travel up looking for moisture and usually occur after a good water and happens with plants having rapid growth. they will grow until they dry and die naturally or until you cover them up with medium......... no worries mate'

:goodposting: If you have room in the container you could cover these new roots with medium and get a bit thicker stem. I had a few of these and covered them, the stems on these plants got a least a 3rd thicker than the plants it didn't happen too. Maybe that's just me but, what the hey, I got the biggest buds off those particular plants too. :)

Yeah this does happen alot, i have also experianced this. Some roots the tips actually exceed the top of medium and eventualy root tips die off and other roots can be exposed a 1/3rd on top of medium while 2/3 of the roots are submerged under the soil, i have a white satin female doing this now. I can say it does help the roots absorb 02 easier, but its also at risk of drying out rather quickly too. Nothing to worry about tho so dont trip, keep us posted. Peace and Love!!!!!!!!
Roken.

awesome guys I really appreciate the feedback im just waiting for a replacement battery for my digital camera and ill have pics of my setup with the watercooled reflector...LOL last night I was messin around and put my cheek to the glass and it was so cold......Im running a 1000 watt HPS..

Nice,
Theres nothing like air-cooled lights with glass protectors, you can really get your plants close and harness all those lumens. I am running a 600watt h.p.s air cooled reflector and my plants can actually lay against the glass protector without being burned, the more lumens the thicker and more denser your bud!! Peace and Love!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

right on with the WaterCooled i can do the same plus it gives off less heat than a human body.....No thermal imaging on me

Oh man, didnt even think of that:)
That is a great advantage there, i trip out on those water cooled lites, how much did your set-up cost? do you ever have to change the water?
Peace and Love!!!!!!!!
Roken.

I use a bath tub as a res..LOL so everytime the water heats up i just drain and fill..The watercooled light cost me about 400$ I bought two of them so When I flower I have two 1000's running.Do you think thats wise or a mistake??All in all though I think my setup was around 1400$ including nutes and medium,4x4 tray,2 water pumps,40 gallon res,ph up and down, i just bought a digital ph meter one that has a submersable tester,I bought a co2 tank im getting it filled on monday.But I highly recomend the watercooled....

Latest posts

Back