Round 2 bag seed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the purple lights work , i will say that , but not the greatest . they were given to me .i use 3 of them , they were bought at walmart in the lighting section and are " LIGHTS of AMERICA " grow lights . come with the bulbs and everything .T8 type fluro's . the plants in this cab are a week behind in growth as compared to my other cab with better lighting and were sprouted and planted at same time , which is ok for now cause i am starting to train them and pinch , top , ect. soon on those ones .
PEACE :D

Alright here are those pics.

The two big ones are at 2 weeks. They're on their 4th node and starting to sprout secondary growth. The 4 smaller seedlings are at 5 days. You can see a big difference in growth speed in the 4 seedlings compared to the 2 bigger ones. The 2 bigger ones I was switching between sunlight and the fluoros...The 4 seedlings have been under fluorescent lights only for the entire time.

I'm waiting on my 92cfm fan so I can hook up both fans and put a door on this box. I'll also be buying that 3rd 65w fluorex soon. And I still need to run out and buy those space blankets. Should be fully up and running soon though I hope.

I think I'm also going to transfer all of them except for 1 into 32oz yogurt containers. Once they all get a bit bigger though. For awhile they'll be in the 16oz cups. The 1 I'm leaving in the cup I'm going to use for my 16oz grow.

crap. crap. crap. crap. CRAP.

So I worked on my grow box today. Cut the holes for the fans and bolted them into place. The smaller 92cfm fan is really nice, blows enough into the cab and is quiet. The 200cfm exhaust...bad news. Works great for exhaust except it sounds like a damn vaccum cleaner:mad:. Sooo...I'll have to ditch that fan until I build my flower fridge...I'll have to go and buy a smaller 120mm fan and switch the 92cfm to be the exhaust and have like a 60cfm fan as in the intake. Ughhhh.

Hey man lookin good, looks like an indica, good luck with all ur fan problems

LaserKittensGoPewPew said:
crap. crap. crap. crap. CRAP.

So I worked on my grow box today. Cut the holes for the fans and bolted them into place. The smaller 92cfm fan is really nice, blows enough into the cab and is quiet. The 200cfm exhaust...bad news. Works great for exhaust except it sounds like a damn vaccum cleaner:mad:. Sooo...I'll have to ditch that fan until I build my flower fridge...I'll have to go and buy a smaller 120mm fan and switch the 92cfm to be the exhaust and have like a 60cfm fan as in the intake. Ughhhh.

The 200 cfm fan, was it one of those Duct booster fans? Also known as Howler monkeys. They are some seriously loud fans for what little they do. I had a 6" on and it took no more the a piece of filter media to cut its flow by 40%. Does not handle resistance well at all. really seems to make it louder.
You can get an attic fan speed control to wire inline with it and that will let you adjust it down, but that also reduces its CFM draw.

For the money, if you can find them still, the small lasko or small stanley blower fans kick some serious Air ;). I got my lasko one, over a year ago for 14 bucks, the stanley was 20.. Both will push over 200 cfm on high, thru a filter. I use the large stanley now to exhaust my box and I tell ya, that fan is a beast! On low its pumping 2times the air that I was with the smaller one. Can actually hear air rushing past the panels as they close up. All 3 of these can be found at walmart. The big one is between 40-50 bucks and well worth every penny. BTW, the noise level off of these fans is highly tolerable for a Stealth setup!

The 200cfm that I have is a computer server fan. It's 6" in diameter. I can turn it down to 180cfm, but I don't have a control dial to do that. I think it's rated for 54 or 55dba. I was just going to hold off on using this one and installing a new quieter 120mm fan. The box is only 7cubic feet so I'll have a 92cfm fan as the exhaust and a 7cfm fan as my intake.

I understand, sorry. I try and have as much exhaust air as I can afford, then cut it back to what I need. obviously harder for you in such a small space.

np, eventually when I get my flower fridge going I'll be using it again. Probably to cool my HID though. But I will look into the fans that you suggested. I need to find fans that put out a lot of cfm but are still quiet enough for a stealth grow.

Btw...Do you have any sick plant advice? One of mine is getting light green on me. And they all have droopy leaves. I made a post in the sick plants forum too.

Looks like a combination of overwatering and under feeding.
Tonight, flush the bad one. I know, sounds odd but a flush will bring O2 rich water deep into the soil. If its over watered, this will slow it down or stop it. Now, let it dry and I mean almost to a bone. You dont want to wait until the plant falls over of flops down on itself before watering, but you want to be close to that threshold.
Next watering should have less then 1/2 strength dose of fertilizer. 1/4 is typically suggested, but you need to replenish all the nutrients in the soil after a flush and 1/4 strength on the micros wont cut it.
The plants growth will slow thru this process but after 7 days should be back on pace. Dont freak out unless she starts looking really bad, like lower leaves browning, spotting or just flat falling off.

Well...After being transplanted into some better organic soil and given a few days to recover I think it's going alright. NDS I didn't give the bad one a flush because I wanted to see if it would recover on its own after being put into better soil. So far it looks like it's going pretty well. My nutes should be coming in the mail tomorrow so I'll start feeding them with some nice organics. The last time I watered was Thursday for the 2 in the bigger containers and Friday for the beer cups.

I did a horrible job of lining my grow cab with space blankets...but I guess it doesn't have to look pretty. Just needs to function...But man it's a bad job. Those things are a pain in the butt to work with when you don't have someone to help hold it up.

Pics from today.

I topped one of them at the 5th node last night before lights out.

well...I got my new exhaust fan and it's much quieter and works really well...So today I was finally able to put a full covering door on the cab and seal it in without having heat problems. Seeing as I didn't have any wood to make a nice door for it...I used some white posterboard...And because it was so thin the light still came through...So after looking around for black colored paper and finding none I decided to cut up some national geographics and use the pictures....And since this is my grow cab door...I figured some rainforest/nature pics would go well. I even found a green mojo mascott for my grow :D!

All that my cab needs now is 1 more flood light and it should be good to go. Coming soon!

Latest posts

Back