Sad Purple Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Dog

femme fatale proud grower
Reaction score
This plant is just not doing well. It's sisters started at the same time are doing great but this little lass is sickly. What do you all think about her? Her sisters which were all cloned from the same plant and grown in the same exact conditions are great. Any input is appreciated!

plants 08-20 062.jpg

plants 08-20 064.jpg

plants 08-20 065.jpg

I've got the same thing ....my belief is that it shows the diff phenos (variations)within that plant heritage.I took 10 clones recently a 6 were identical in growth , etc. 2 were way taller than the rest and two "runts".....
Why ???? I could understand if it was seed stock , but clones ?

this is her happy sister. what a difference.

Wike Wedding from Tia 468.jpg

meds4me said:
I've got the same thing ....my belief is that it shows the diff phenos (variations)within that plant heritage.I took 10 clones recently a 6 were identical in growth , etc. 2 were way taller than the rest and two "runts".....
Why ???? I could understand if it was seed stock , but clones ?

weird isnt it? this one has had a twisted leaf since it was little. I figured it was just in a bit of shock and would outgrow it. Then I topepd it which did encourage new growth but everything still looks stressed...ugh the other three are great and so far so are the 2nd generation clones. thanks!

hey wassup 2dog. well im new here too so i dont really have any help for you my friend. I actually have a lil bit of the same thing going on with the bushy one in my grow journal but it was in the younger stages so those leaves are too low to see but my new growths do that a lil too but im just as new to it as you. wish i could help us both.. lol. how old are they? im guessing like a month and a half to two months.. idk but the best of luck to you bro and il be watchin. check out mine if you get a chance.

BlAzEmAsTeRkUsh42o said:
hey wassup 2dog. well im new here too so i dont really have any help for you my friend. I actually have a lil bit of the same thing going on with the bushy one in my grow journal but it was in the younger stages so those leaves are too low to see but my new growths do that a lil too but im just as new to it as you. wish i could help us both.. lol. how old are they? im guessing like a month and a half to two months.. idk but the best of luck to you bro and il be watchin. check out mine if you get a chance.

will do! I am watching kill bill so laters I will be browsing. That plant was started in June. So it is older than it looks lol. Just been outside tho not under special lamps since it as cloned.

these purple seem to grow out and up rather than just up and since I topped it is getting very bushy and thick.

This is a tough call. However, since the affected plants are clones taken from the same mother plant, and I assume that you are using the same watering, light and fertilizer regimen on all of the clones, then some of the obvious causes can be ruled out. In order of first guesses, I would rule out; fert burn, MG toxicity, over-watering.

So, as I look closely at the pics, my best guess is some sort of bacterial leaf spot infection. That makes sense since it is isolated to some of the plants, may have been introduce by handling or animals. The bad news is that if it is Pseudomonas spp. then there is not a lot you can do. The plant may recover, and you can try daily misting of Neem oil. But by all means, try to handle the infected plants AFTER you touch the healthy plants, not the other way around, to avoid spreading the infection.

Sorry I can't offer a more optimistic prognosis.

VM

vermont_farmer said:
This is a tough call. However, since the affected plants are clones taken from the same mother plant, and I assume that you are using the same watering, light and fertilizer regimen on all of the clones, then some of the obvious causes can be ruled out. In order of first guesses, I would rule out; fert burn, MG toxicity, over-watering.

So, as I look closely at the pics, my best guess is some sort of bacterial leaf spot infection. That makes sense since it is isolated to some of the plants, may have been introduce by handling or animals. The bad news is that if it is Pseudomonas spp. then there is not a lot you can do. The plant may recover, and you can try daily misting of Neem oil. But by all means, try to handle the infected plants AFTER you touch the healthy plants, not the other way around, to avoid spreading the infection.

Sorry I can't offer a more optimistic prognosis.

VM

I appreciate it! and I will be very careful now I feel like I should move it across the yard..the sucker is growing it just looks so pissy. Wonder if the buds will be safe to smoke??

neem oil....will I find that at the nursery I buy the special fert from?

i been growing the purple k for 5 years, don't worrry about it some times this plant just gets like that. its not normal but it looks like the plant has good vigor and the pk is a strong strain. if it starts showing sign of def., it probly to not late,a lil slow growth. but if i had to take a guess i would say its a def in cal&mag, pot uses a butt load in veg and even more in bloom and ur soil or nuts doesnt provide a good amount. that plant more then likly had rap-it growth at first and is now starting show the problem you now have.:doh: get a good cal mag additved water at 1.5 ml per gallon the first two watering then cut back to what the lebal says. i see u have a satvia pheno type pk let it bloom for 9 to 10 weeks for best out come i grow a indica pheno type pk and 9 wks is good but 10 is way better so i kno ur will need a lil more time.:watchplant::stoned: .

Yes, you can get neem oil at any decent garden center.
And yes the buds, if it pulls through, should be unaffected by leaf spot blight..

Again, the plant might just pull out of this, but the neem doesn't hurt anything.

VM

Latest posts

Back