Sampling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

queenmary87

Reaction score
I am growing White Widow it's in its 4th week of flowering. I excited to take a flower and smoke it to see how good it's doing. If I snip one little flower cluster off will it harm the plant or kill it?

It wont harm or kill the plant but the bud that you cut off wont be that good. IMO the bud still needs to collect more resin so it has higher amounts of thc. Im sure you could do it but like i said the thc content wont be as high and the actual "high" will be diffrent from the finished product.
Hope this helps.:D

I did that quite a bit actually. The high isnt that great, its actually better if you dry and smoke some leaves. Someone told me to try cutting some of the more resinous leaves(not the ones growing directly out of the bud). Take them and put them in the microwave for just a few quick seconds. This must be done in order for them to burn at all. I realize how ghetto this method is, but if you're determined to sample the plant.....at least this leaves the buds in tact. It should be noted that the leaves store the THC supply for the bud; using it sparingly because it has the potential to harm the plant.
Peace

I was just giving my input...im a relatively new grower and have not yet "pruned" for the health of the plant. it would save you the destruction of buds for a "sorry stone" when you can save them for after harvest.

ShuttyMcShutShut said:
it would save you the destruction of buds for a "sorry stone" when you can save them for after harvest.

Totally. Can not stress that one enough. Even when harvested... WAIT till they are dried completely then smoke. You will be nothing but disappointed until they are fully dried... Well, that's how I see it anyways;)

Latest posts

Back