Scary and weird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I can shoot someone who intentionally is trying to harm me or my home...I wont be looking at there eyes I will look at the chest and aim there the biggest surface..I want lessons we have a range here by my house and also right by the highway patrol office lol......shizer lots of coppers.

when I brought up mace to hubby he shook his head and said he is not bringing mace to a gun fight...made it real clear to me. I wish I had the nerve to ask my dad for one of his guns...we dont have a relationship like that tho..he has some that were grandpas and some gg's and some that are his...he would think I was crazy if I asked to use them..isnt there different laws for grandfathered guns? or whatever its called...

dman1234 said:
look at my avtar..........he will mess you up if im concerned enough to sound frightened or excited, but the most important part of the big dog is the noise they make, a thief will most often move on to another location after hearing that in the middle of the night, just my 2 cents

she has two dogs...so weird..

look around pawnshops and buy your self a mossberg model 500 in 12 gauge.
buy a $80 18" (shortest allowed by federal law) barrel in modified choke outta cabelas. buy a cheap box of clay target rounds from wally world (like 100 rounds for $12.98) and practice handling and shooting the gun, get used to it. know it in the dark. buy some managed recoil OO buckshot rounds, they don't kick much harder than the cheap-o target loads and are much safer than full tilt hunting rounds indoors. keep the gun handy. and use it if you have to. don't ever use it as a visual threat/barganing chip with an intruder.
if they are not supposed to be there let them have it.

p.s. take the magizine plug out of it......

clanchattan said:
look around pawnshops and buy your self a mossberg model 500 in 12 gauge.
buy a $80 18" (shortest allowed by federal law) barrel in modified choke outta cabelas. buy a cheap box of clay target rounds from wally world (like 100 rounds for $12.98) and practice handling and shooting the gun, get used to it. know it in the dark. buy some managed recoil OO buckshot rounds, they don't kick much harder than the cheap-o target loads and are much safer than full tilt hunting rounds indoors. keep the gun handy. and use it if you have to. don't ever use it as a visual threat/barganing chip with an intruder.
if they are not supposed to be there let them have it.

p.s. take the magizine plug out of it......

That's what I'm talkin about! Do you have the 5 round side saddle and a barrel shroud, Clan :hubba: Why the choke? The best part of a short barrel is the wide scatter?

i like the modified for buck with the managed recoil rounds. i also have uses for it on the mountain up here. 6+1 gives the wife enough time to wake up in a panic and get the .357 outta her bed side pistola safe to cover me while i reload. it's a plain jane 500. $250 invested and dosen't fail, ever. i may fail the gun, but that gun wont fail on me. and with the 18'' bbl it is really handy to swing and club with if im out of ammo

clanchattan said:
i like the modified for buck with the managed recoil rounds. i also have uses for it on the mountain up here. 6+1 gives the wife enough time to wake up in a panic and get the .357 outta her bed side pistola safe to cover me while i reload. it's a plain jane 500. $250 invested and dosen't fail, ever. i may fail the gun, but that gun wont fail on me.

We're talking about shooting home invaders at close range here, Clan lmao :). J/K :D. I have a 9mm but I couldn't hit the side of a barn with it at 20 yards! Same here, plain jane Mossberg 500 18" barrel but I do have the pistol grip on it. I've run over 400 rounds through it without a hitch. It's a great gun, couldn't agree more :D

Rosebud said:
I have huge poodles, don't laugh. They sound like rots behind closed doors.

the most aggressive dog (and in my top three scariest) dog i ever ran into.........was a standard poodle.

This fella I was talking about that I met in rehab...the guys that broke in knew he had the dog...and it was no chiuawua..it was an agressive pit bull terrier, but they new he had buds ripe in the closet, when they came in the first thing they did was shoot the dog. The guy told me this is what drove him to WANT to kill them, his dog, like many of ours, was his best friend. They were all armed...IMO he had every right to do what he did, and evidently the judge saw it that way to, all 3 of the theives were repeat offenders.

This is also a good lesson in the TELL NO ONE rule...they knew what they were after somehow!

I still have problems with things that happened in the military, mine are more aimed at not being able to save a couple buddies from dieing, than any remorse for doing my job ( I guess this statement is not really true, but this is not where I was intending to go with this conversation)...but this guy seemed to have no remorse for what he did...maybe he was just good at conceiling it, I didn't know him that well. Just a guy from a rehab group.

Latest posts

Back