Second grow - BAGSEED!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDontSmoke

Reaction score
So pics will come soon, but I decided to start a grow journal to chronicle the lives of my newest friends. Thanks to this site, my first grow was a surprising success - I yielded about 4 ounces from two indoor pants (one indica, one sativa). I have my setup now, 200w MH for veg., 170w HPS conversion to save money on ballasts. The HPS seems to run a little hot though, so I think I'll build a better, heat shielded reflector that I can raise and lower.

Pics coming soon!

Sounds like your off to a great start. Here is some GREEN MOJO to get the babies going. ;) Good luck on the grow we will be following.

GreenMojo.JPG

Bagseed can be a wonderful thing if you have the patience for trial and error!

So here we are - pots all ready for seedlings. Rather well hidden grow I might add!

week1-1.jpg

week1-2.jpg

remember patience is a virtue with seed starts. If you can try to ignore them every other day, i find it helps with the overnurture i give them when i see them. :D:D

Good luck ill be following along

im also useing a dresser, i use a thick blanket, it WILL GET WARM IN THERE. However i busted a hole in the back of it and put a dual fan in there. But i think anything that light wont go through would be fine

I have an inlet fan mounted flush in the side of the dresser which I first covered with metal screen and then duct taped two layers (loosely) of furnace filter material over the input. It lets a LOT of air in but the light is well diffused. As you can see the whole setup is in a dresser in a closet, so I'm still working on some temperature issues (a 200 watt MH bulb heats up a dresser real quick!) as it is 86 degrees 18" below the lamp. I'm trying to figure out how to route into and out of the closet without making things too obvious.

I also removed all the drawers and fastened them to each other, sealed the cracks with silicone and mounted them to a hinge at the bottom of the dresser (maybe you can see it). I used 1x2 wood to make a frame upon which to rest the "door", which I then lined with weather stripping. All in all it keeps the light out pretty well (and the smell in!). My exhaust is routed through a narrow crack I cut in the bottom back corner, and I put a negative ion generator in there to eliminate any odors that may otherwise build up.

Latest posts

Back