Second Grow - Bubblelicious <> Blue Mystic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
howdy pc, your off to the races dude,what beautiful little plants! definately looks like you got things dialed in.

Things are looking good so far. Nice work. Definitely keep us posted. I will be pulling up a chair. Take care and be safe.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

These are growing like crazy, it's great!
91.jpg

The LST is starting to kick in, so we'll see what happens. I've been keeping the plants a close as possible to the lights, and wow, it really makes a huge difference keeping plants compact. My last Vegging was stretchville USA compared to this.
Today was first day I gave any ferts, all purpose MG at 1/2 strength and a few drops of Super Thrive.

Pic of the LST success:
92.jpg

Maybe another week to get a few more side branches and let the new ones develop a little more then off to a topping/FIM.

Until next time, be well everyone.

Howdy everyone

So far everything is going well and all plants are healthy. Some of the plants took well to the LST and some just did nothing, oh well. I FIM/topped all the plants (not the clone) a few days ago and am waiting to see the results. I wanna get these into flower soon, so once the upward growth gets along little bit more, I'll change over to 12/12 and start sexing them out.

I've learned so much during my first grow, that this one will blow it away.

Now some pix:
93.jpg 94.jpg

And the clone (this octopus is going to go wild once in flower, I'm so excited):
95.jpg

Also, I would like to add that i had to change the active carbon pre-filter on the veg box exhaust (use can see pix of it in my First Grow Journal, first post on the first page) as I started noticing a nice little odor, now everything is good and odor free.
Looks like I can get about 2-3 months off of one of these, not bad. You get 2 per box, and each box is about $10 at home depot.

toke@smoke420 said:
yeah they lookin good bro, how many total watts of cfl you using... keep it up, so that your veg box?

Thanks everyone for the feedback :)

I have only 3 CFL bulbs in there. The fixture I used from home depot (3 Bulb bathroom thing) says to not exceed 100 watts. I don't know if it's meant for each socket or the entire fixture. So to play it safe I have a 42 W in the middle and 2 27 watts on the sides, all around the 5500k temp (blue), total 96 watts about 6500 lumens. Stays reasonably cool in there, but I also have an intake and exhaust computer fan running when the lights are on.

Yea thats my veg box/cabinet. Details of it on the first page of my First Grow Journal.

Tomorrow, I'm switching the veg box lights over from 18/6 to 12/12 to determine gender. Once I can determine the females, I will take cuttings for the next round while these flower. Since I LST'd and FIM'd and kept lights close, I actually have lots of potential braches to choose from this time on most of the plants.

There are 5 Blue Mystics and 6 Bubblelicious. As well as the 1 female California Orange Bud clone. LETS GO LADIES!

Be well all.

Quick update

Cleaned out the tent from last grow and moved the Carbon Filter/Inline Fan to hang from the top, allowing more floor space.

113.jpg 114.jpg

I switched to 12/12 on Wednesday, and so far 3 ladies showed themselves, 2 Bubblelicious and 1 Blue Mystic. I also put in the California Orange Bud clone from last grow (thanks ettesun :)). The LST and FIM/Topping is really a world of difference from my last (first) grow. It looks like (and hopefully) I will have more than 1 main cola per plant.
Also, the pic on the right (below) is my double whammy (older pic can be seen on the first page of this grow journal, date: 5/31/08), it's a girl.

115.jpg 116.jpg

In the meantime, I'm waiting for the others to show gender. I see potential ladies in there, but waiting to see a pistil or two for confirmation.

112.jpg

Howdy banjo :)

Thanks bud. Yea, I think I got it too, much more confident this time around, and experienced.
I yanked 3 more males yesterday :fid:, and have 3 left to determine. 2 of which I think are males, and one rocking one (talk about 2 main colas) which I hopin' and prayin' is female, just sligghhhtttly to early to tell.

Will post an update tomorrow. Plan to take cuttings tomorrow as well.

Take care and be well.

hope that girl turns out fem for ya...sounds like'd it'd make a killa lady hehe :D Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback everyone :)

So all females have now been determined, and the count is 7:

1 California Orange Bud
121.jpg

3 Blue Mystic (this one has 2 mains)
122.jpg

3 Bubblelicious
123.jpg

Leaves look a little droppy, they were thirsty so I started nutes today. Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom at 1/2 Strength. Considering they will take well, I'll go to full strength every other watering. And in 2 weeks I will go to switching between Big/Tiger Bloom and Molasses each watering. This worked well last grow with no signs of stress, I could have probably pushed it a little more too.

Light is now about 8 inches from the top of the tallest plant. The tallest plant is about 12 inches above the soil. Rest between 9-12 inches.

Will try to take clones tomorrow if I can get a few good cuttings, otherwise I'll give another few days for the lower growth to get a little more suitable, but as soon as possible.

Here's a few room shots:
119.jpg 120.jpg

Until next time, be well, and be safe everyone.

Latest posts

Back