Security Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laydee

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a little help. It took a while to get things working together but now it seems to be proper. Anyhow, I have a security issue now. I live in an area with nosey. :mad: I mean all in your. But I was just told by my complex that my current system of black trash bags and foil paper isn't allowed. So, I need a way to cover the windows in my grow room without covering the actual window. Any ideas, I think that would solve the other problem as well. I know I must have attracted some attention installing bags and foil when I have blinds. All suggestion will be considered.

blinds... then black plastic over that?

thas what i do... then mylar over that to keep the plastic from absorbing light.

Kade has a good idea...if you are inclined you can make a shadow box that goes over the window about 6" deep with things in it to give it a room look...but that is a pain in the butt...go with kades idea.

we just have a cardboard fortress around the grow, course if your doing lots of plants thats not gonna help any,

You could always invest in some "black out blinds", there great, they keep all light out, and all light in :)

Hey Dude.
I put up shades in my window. Then I got some 1/2" wood flatboard cut to the size of the window frame. I just placed that piece of wood up to the window, pushed it in, nalied it to the top of the sill and from outside all you can see is the shade and no light leaks.

Is there any way you can move it to a room that doesn't have windows. I'll tell you this, if you really live in a neighborhood that is really nosey, having windows that are always closed or dark or obscured is going to attract a lot of unwanted attention. If you move it to a room with no windows there is no problem.

can't you just always leave your blinds closed and put up panda film behind the blinds? Tack it down to the walls so that it's tight and it should keep the light in and the people looking from the outside will never know.

I use Blinds and Plastic. Works Great!!!

Stunzeed..:yay:

Latest posts

Back