Seed Storage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscat420

Fat, Hairy and Stinky
Reaction score
This may sound silly, but I have just found my first bagseed since i started to really care. Unreal too, from the most amazing blueberry skunk i have ever smoked... gawd i hope its a female... anyway, i am just about to move and cant start to grow it for a little while...

what is the best way to store it.

it is pretty big and is a light green / light brown color...

i just put it in a dime bag for now, any help is appreciated :D

i wasnt really sure which forum to post this in, so i chose the one with most traffic... sorry...

:yeahthat: I just started in March 2009, 11 yr old seed that were store just like "Hick" stated. I have change the rice about 2 times a year. They sprouted normally and are ready to go outside as soon as the last frost gets here around March 1.

thats great! thanks!... i dont have any film cases but i will keep some rice with it in the dime bag... is that ok? or should i just go and get a film case...

IMO you want something that lets no light to the seeds.

Hick said:
....."cool and dry!!"..
I use black film viles with a few grains of rice, stored in the crisper/vegetable drawer of the 'fridge.
5-10 years viability.. at "least"..

Uh-oh. I froze my excess seeds from my order. Did I buff up?

And, Hick, I'm trying like heck not to effing curse, but profanity's an odd part of my life, oddly enough.

Hick said:
....."cool and dry!!"..
I use black film viles with a few grains of rice, stored in the crisper/vegetable drawer of the 'fridge.
5-10 years viability.. at "least"..
Got ten Shiva seeds I bought in Amsterdam four years ago. Kept them in a small Tupperware box with a tiny silicon pouch. Stuck them in the fridge and they've been there ever since. I wondered if they'd still be viable.
Cheers Hick, I'll give them a go now :watchplant:

Latest posts

Back