Seedlings yellowing, now what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gone2pot!

Reaction score
My seedlings may need to be transplanted for nutes, but these are my first and I don't know if they are ready or if it's a different problem. I do have inconsistant light on them. Some sun and a bright heat lamp about 4' over them. T5 yesterday for about 18 hours. I tried to upload pictures but the only way I can do it with my phone is by using a URL which I don't have. Just photos on my cell phone.
Any advise will be welcome.

it is hard to say without pics but a few more questions may help like how old are they, what are you growing them in soil/hydro/aero and i know there is a whole bunch more that will help too but for now these will help a bit. there is a big difference between a seedling 3 days out of dirt and a seedling 12 out of dirt:confused: :confused2: :48: . i am sure someone here has some more questions or ideas but i got nuthin without pics.

Gone2pot! said:
My seedlings may need to be transplanted for nutes, but these are my first and I don't know if they are ready or if it's a different problem. I do have inconsistant light on them. Some sun and a bright heat lamp about 4' over them. T5 yesterday for about 18 hours. I tried to upload pictures but the only way I can do it with my phone is by using a URL which I don't have. Just photos on my cell phone.
Any advise will be welcome.

why the heat lamp?? keep em under the t5's.... straight.. 18/6 or 24/7 but ya have to pick.. not jump back and forth to sun,heat lamp,t5's to 18/6 to 24/7..
what kinda soil you using?? is your soil hot? by that i mean have nutes in them?? how old are they?? out of soil.. generally a seedling dosent get nutes for 3-4 weeks pending on strain.. how big are these??
is your soil soaked? dried right out?? whats your temps like?? do you know your ph?? rh whats it at??
this may help get the ball rolling..
LH

They are in a general hydroponics rapid rooter. It just says natural plant starter (plugs). They are spongy. They just sprouted leaves about 3 days ago (like on page 21 of Jorge cevantes mj growing bible. Very young. Much like seedlings in cup. They are in large bathroom with heat light and small window. I only have one t5. It is on a 23" afghani indica. I guess I could put them in different rooms and give each 12 hrs with the t5. (the indica top might already be trying to flower if pistles are pre flowers). I want to keep it in veg if possible. Anyway, I just have seedlings in rapid rooter. I might plant one or two in soil, but I like the waterfarm the larger one is in. (all are the same strain). I will try to get photos from another computer later today.

Gone2pot! said:
They are in a general hydroponics rapid rooter. It just says natural plant starter (plugs). They are spongy. They just sprouted leaves about 3 days ago (like on page 21 of Jorge cevantes mj growing bible. Very young. Much like seedlings in cup. They are in large bathroom with heat light and small window. I only have one t5. It is on a 23" afghani indica. I guess I could put them in different rooms and give each 12 hrs with the t5. (the indica top might already be trying to flower if pistles are pre flowers). I want to keep it in veg if possible. Anyway, I just have seedlings in rapid rooter. I might plant one or two in soil, but I like the waterfarm the larger one is in. (all are the same strain). I will try to get photos from another computer later today.

ok if there seedlings theres no reason you cant keep em under that single t5... for 18/6 or 24/7 if you want... i suggest leaving in one spot under the one light for now.. till they get bigger.. if you want throw em in beer cups for now that will give them some soil.. im not familar with those "rapid rooter" plugs..12 hrs of light no.. thats for flowering if you want to keep them in veg 18/6 or 24/7.... sounds to me as if there starving for light..
try keeping them under the single t5.. the 1st set of leaves that pop out of the soil will turn yellow and fall off the smooth ones..
do not know the name.
LH

Hopeless. Either buy some lighting equipment or forget it. A heat lamp is the exact opposite of what you want, which is light without heat. What you're giving them is heat without light - the "light" that comes from a bathroom heat-lamp is incandescent light, which is pretty much useless. Sorry. Have to be honest about this. That's why they are yellow. No light.

Ok thanks. I will get more lights.
LH, what is a beef cup?
Leafminer, I'm hopeless or my plants? Your right I guess either way since I started this without proper equiptment, money or outside warmth to do outside grow. What I'm not though is a quitter so I'm still going to try to muddle thru.
To both; thanks for the help. I will buy some lights. A friend in town has offered to help me find the right kind so I don't waste my money.

Gone2pot! said:
Ok thanks. I will get more lights.
LH, what is a beef cup?
Leafminer, I'm hopeless or my plants? Your right I guess either way since I started this without proper equiptment, money or outside warmth to do outside grow. What I'm not though is a quitter so I'm still going to try to muddle thru.
To both; thanks for the help. I will buy some lights. A friend in town has offered to help me find the right kind so I don't waste my money.

I ment beer.. lol
you can pick up 10$ double 54w flours at wal-mart.. that will keep you seedlings alive...
i dont think leafminer was saying your hopeless but more or less what your doing is hopeless...
where do you plan to flower these?? or grow them period??
thats how i shop for lights is by the area i have to grow em in..
LH

Lol, beer cans! I can do that!
I went to walmart and didn't know what to get. I will get your $10. Dbl flouro if they have one. I was Hoping for something that wouldn't need much hard mounting to ceiling- the house is for sale and some things are hard to move out in 20 minutes. If I have to to keep the seedlings alive then I guess there is no choice. Thanks for the recommendation. I should be able to go get it tonight.

Gone2pot! said:
Lol, beer cans! I can do that!
I went to walmart and didn't know what to get. I will get your $10. Dbl flouro if they have one. I was Hoping for something that wouldn't need much hard mounting to ceiling- the house is for sale and some things are hard to move out in 20 minutes. If I have to to keep the seedlings alive then I guess there is no choice. Thanks for the recommendation. I should be able to go get it tonight.

your welcome good luck to you..
LH

Latest posts

Back