Seeds and Hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growbuddy

SEVENTEEN
Reaction score
So it's my 2nd grow, but the first time I am working with hydro. I have my one inch seedlings, who are a week old in a humidome, keeping the temp at 85, a small t5 light, and a 400 watt mh waiting for them to be out of the humidome. I am wondering how big I should let them get in the humidome before transplanting them into my hydro system?

Be careful with the dome. if you keep it too humid they will weaken and you could end up damping off the delicate stems.:eek: Wait unitl you get the real leaves, maybe 2 nodes or so and then gradually expose them to the 400 over the course of a week. A few hours a day with the light at least 4 feet away. this will tough the plants and make the transition al little easier. Once you go full with the 400, lower the light gradually over a few days.:watchplant:

Good luck!

I dont see why he doesn't just stick them under it. i really doubt they get stressed much by in increase in light. they evolved to handle MASSIVE light(Read:sun) and even a 400w MH doesn't have crap on that.

I went from 2 30w floros to a 1000w HPS and they only reaction was uber growth.

like scat said, loose the domes.

Latest posts

Back