Sexed my plants early, now I cant get them to veg!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordhighlama

dont mind the simple lama
Reaction score
Well I just made my first post over in the intro section. So it should come as no shock that I am a newb when it comes to raising the ladies. During my first grow, I had one lady that took longer than I though. At the same time I had three saplings that were on 12/12 with my other plant. All three of them sexed and I ended up with two ladies.

So once they sexed I pulled them from the light and tried to let them hold over with natural light until my first plant finished up. Unfortunately that again is real close to 12/12, so these two little girls have been on 12/12 for far to long I fear. Both are showing a little bud on top. They are now on 18/6 but don't seem to be vegging.

Is there any way to salvage this mess? Or is there no way to get them to veg for a while?

Sorry for such a long winded post! :holysheep:

well from what I understand once you put them back on 18\6 or 24 of light they will in time reveg. This may take up to 3 weeks to do. I haven't personally done it cuz I only have one grow under my belt and working on number 2.

How long have they been under 12\12? and how long ago did they go under 18\6?

jane_doe said:
well from what I understand once you put them back on 18\6 or 24 of light they will in time reveg. This may take up to 3 weeks to do. I haven't personally done it cuz I only have one grow under my belt and working on number 2.

How long have they been under 12\12? and how long ago did they go under 18\6?

They were under 12/12 for at least 3 weeks, and have only been back on 18/6 for just over 1 week.

yeah just give em time. they should be fine.

Congrats on the lady's :) now you know for sure your gonna have some fine somke in a few months :)

UPDATE...

I am finally starting to see the first signs of my little ladies returning to the veg state. I've still got a couple of questions with them though. For one both of the ladies have a top bud on them, what do I do with this? Is it ok to leave it there during the vegging process? Secondly, the fan leaves on both plants are drooping and have been since I switched back to 18/6. Will they perk back up now that they are showing signs of new growth?

It took me 4 weeks to reveg my plants, and another couple of weeks to get them growing strong

The Toker said:
It took me 4 weeks to reveg my plants, and another couple of weeks to get them growing strong

Only difference is I'm not revegging, they were sexed early!

I'm reveging a plant at this very moment that was 6 weeks into flower when I lost the mom (well actually the person who was supposed to be keeping the strain lost the mom) its been 3 weeks now and I'm just starting to finally see it revert back.

The key is patience young pandawan. Patience.

Only difference is I'm not revegging, they were sexed early!

If you put them into a 12/12 cycle and then back to 18/6 then revegging is exactly what you are doing. It dosen't matter if the plant was harvested or not. Its all about hormone levels in the plant.

Tater said:
I'm reveging a plant at this very moment that was 6 weeks into flower when I lost the mom (well actually the person who was supposed to be keeping the strain lost the mom) its been 3 weeks now and I'm just starting to finally see it revert back.

The key is patience young pandawan. Patience.

So did you leave the flowers alone while you reveg? I guess that is where I'm getting confused...

UPDATE : My two ladies are finally starting to show some serious signes of life, I've been feeding with foxfarm as per there feed chart and they seem very healthy to me.

About a week ago I transplanted to 5 gal bags and would like to see some more height before I switch to flower.

It's just tough because these two were set so far back with the reveg fiasco, but the perk seems to be how they decided to grow out of the bud site.

Have a look, any feedback is appreciated...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

If you look at the third pic in the first post, you can slightly see where the old bud site was right at the base of all the shoots.

they look good, revegging always makes a nice bushy plant.

How big are you going to grow them for before flowering again?

Well right now they are both about 12" tall, I can raise my light another 24". The light is only about 8 to 10" above the canopy, so that leaves me with about 30" of total growth left or the plants will outgrow their box.

So If I'm thinking correctly, right now if their 12" they will have the ability grow another 12" in flower. So with that logic, I can only let them grow another 9" in veg, or they will be able to outgrow my box.

Am I thinking strait?

yes sounds good. if they appear to give you trouble w/ height tie em down. imo can safely do for 1st 2 wks of flwer

might wanna becareful ive heard they can grow up 3x the height not just twice the height

I guess if it really became an issue I could always shim up my box since it doesn't have a floor.

Latest posts

Back