Sexing help? (Pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
solarz, thank you, you understand what I am getting at here.

The plant I am trying to sex is a 5, almost 6 week old plant.
I think everyone here knows that if you put a plant into 12/12 it'll show sex, like solarz said though I am interested in pre-flowers to sex my plant. I don't want to put my plants into 12/12, then put them back into veg just to get sex.

Right now I cut the light back, took a clpping from one of the two plants, and have a makeshit bag over one branch for 12 hours.

So, yes I know, and have known all along that I can get sex by 12/12, but that's no what I am tryig to do here.

It was my understanding that MJ flowers when enough of a specific hormone builds up, which it only produces during the dark period. Now the genetics may vary on how much of the hormone is neccessary for the plant to flower and thus show sex. The introduction of the strain cannabis Ruderalis (autos) to breeders has changed these rules somewhat, but excluding the autos, isnt the hormone (cant think of it's name) the primary determining factor in when a plant goes to flowering and shows sex?

..."florigen"...

Hick said:
....not true, not true at'all..
a reduction i light hours has nothing to do with sexual maturity. MJ will show sex/preflowers under 24/0, 'once sexually mature'.
You 'can' speed the process along by cutting light to under 14 hours, where the florigen is out producing the anti-florigen.

Latest posts

Back