She I chop now???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killertea08

Liven The Dream
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I brought her inside because of people being outside and I think she can go a few wks. What do you think, should I chop now or wait?

gettingthere 001.jpg

gettingthere 002.jpg

gettingthere 003.jpg

I definitely no expert, I havent even had my first harvest yet... But I will give you a compliment.. Those are some nice lookin plants! Strain?

do you have any form of magnification to see the colour of the trichomes?

It seems that you might be right. Judging by those white pistils and how a lot of them look like fresh growth, I'd say you could go at least another week. Not knowing what strain those are it's really hard to say. If you can get a microscope, you'll find it helpful. If you can't get a microscope then wait until about 75% of those pistils have turned color and shriveled up. Judging ripeness by the pistils might not be the most accurate way, but it should be accurate enough.

its also gonna depend on how you want your smoke if im not correct?? Id still give it a 2 weeks at best

looks like she needs longer to me too... IMO give her 2 weeks to get used to being inside form out and then a few more to see if she fills in more. Best bet would be to get a mini magni-glass and check trichs, that will tell you more than any other way ;)

she is Skunk 1 by Dutch Passion and she is only going to be inside for a few days people working outside but will be gone soon. The pistals are dieing back but there is still a lot of white pistals so my gut says 2 wks.

Can I expect more weight in the next 2 wks?

Purchase an inexpensive 40x or better toy microscope available for less than $20 on eBay. As Thorn implies, examining trichromes is the best way to tell when to harvest. If they are all clear, you are harvesting too early. If they are all amber, you will become very, very good friends with your couch. I try to harvest when the majority of the trichromes turn from clear to milky.

Best,

GD

from my past grows i always harvested by depending on the colors of the pistils, never used a micro-scope. i usually harvest when 65%-75% of the pistils turn dark in color, and always ended up wit great bud. But thats only my opinion.

These look like they can go for another 2 or even 3 weeks. they dont look mature enough, plus i think they would fatten up even more if u took care of them for the next 2 weeks. gd luck. and these r lookin great man. keep it up.

Grower_Dude said:
Any chance of transplanting and bringing them indoors? They look like they have quite the way to go.

GD

he already brought them inside brother ;)

Killertea08 said:
Hey guys, so I brought her inside because of people being outside and I think she can go a few wks. What do you think, should I chop now or wait?

To be honest, you're not that close...at least 2-3 weeks, maybe more - ya - get the scope but even if you didn't they still look immature to me, those buds have a ways to go - BE PATIENT :p

Yes pistals are still milky white. But no way to be sertan till you look at her trics.. But if i were to guess id say 1-2 weeks moor

mind if i chime in? looks like you got some over fert goin on...might wanna check PH too. It looks a lil on the sat side...i'd say you gotta bit to go on her...some sats can be a PITA to go by trichs some even need to be gradually stepped down to 16off-8on last couple weeks to get em to fully ripen. If you notice it not turning in 2 weeks go with the step down. its rare but does happen.

How can you tell Mutt just want to know? Ive kept the ph at 6.5 and my nutes are as follows.

Metanaturals 1 tsp
Budswel 1tbl spoon
Earth Juice Micro 1 tsp
Sweet 20ml
Nirvana bloom stimulant 3 tsp
Kool Bloom 1/8th tsp "I know its a chem but I wanted to try it called for 1tsp per 5gal so I scaled down, I hardly use any really.

I started flushing a wk ago too.

Latest posts

Back