Should I top those already? (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*sigh* I have no excuse. It doesn't look like any new tips are going to magically start appearing.

I just planted the remaining two seeds. Looks like I lost about a month and a few bucks, so it's not that bad.

Theey is 2 growth tips there ,,,

I did not tie them down like you did , but these are my results

This one I made which is Called Strange Larry

Strange Love , Instant karma x Girl Scout cookies
Larry =Larry Og

Attachments

• 100_0379 - Copy.JPG
    100_0379 - Copy.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I don't want to make another thread, so here's an update:

Well, this sucks. This is my punishment for killing two perfectly healthy, fast growing plants.

Attached pics are of the same strain grown in the exact same way as the old ones. They're both on day 16 from seed. For comparison: the previous ones were ready for cup -> pot transplantation on day 18 (there was even slight root tangle in the cups).

Is there any hope for the one that hasn't even shed the shell? Should I remove the shell manually?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I don't want to make another thread, so here's an update:

Well, this sucks. This is my punishment for killing two perfectly healthy, fast growing plants.

Attached pics are of the same strain grown in the exact same way as the old ones. They're both on day 16 from seed. For comparison: the previous ones were ready for cup -> pot transplantation on day 18 (there was even slight root tangle in the cups).

Is there any hope for the one that hasn't even shed the shell? Should I remove the shell manually?
It is a gamble baby plants are very fragile. Autos you may stunt it. Photo should recover ss long ad you don't pull it head off. I usually give it s few days. If it is still there then I try to help it.

IMG_5284.jpeg

It doesn’t look to me like it has a shell on it.

Both seedlings pictured are 16 days old, you say?

It doesn’t look to me like it has a shell on it.

Both seedlings pictured are 16 days old, you say?

Yes, they were both 16 days old when I took the pics.

There definitely was a shell on the stunted one. I just removed it. Here, take a look at those macro shots.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 0
Yes, they were both 16 days old when I took the pics.

There definitely was a shell on the stunted one. I just removed it. Here, take a look at those macro shots.
Looking better already, but you'll want to get that clearish film like membrane off too or it's cotyledons won't open.

I would cull and start over. I just did that with one of my c99 it opened and the just sat there but never emerged from the dirt. You could see the green poking through the dirt then 4 days nothing. I will pop a few more c99 in a few weeks

Oh, lol, I see it now. At first, the shell looked like tightly wrapped leaf material to me, I guess due to the lighting.
Yes, you absolutely did the right thing by removing it.

Looking better already, but you'll want to get that clearish film like membrane off too or it's cotyledons won't open.

I took an even closer look and removed the membrane as well. Thanks for the tip because that actually did it. The top opened up!

Now we'll see if it survives all the poking and pulling. I was as gentle as possible.

I wasn't aware that the shell could prevent the seedling from growing. Well, I'm still learning. Here's a comparison of the good one and the stunted one.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 0
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
For some reason I can't stop failing. I cut the new plants correctly this time, but I nicked one of the branches with the growth tips. I slapped some tape on the cut because I figured that time was of the essence.

The branch looks mostly OK after 3 days except one of the leaves (see attachment). Is there anything else I can do? Can cuts heal?

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 0
For some reason I can't stop failing. I cut the new plants correctly this time, but I nicked one of the branches with the growth tips. I slapped some tape on the cut because I figured that time was of the essence.

The branch looks mostly OK after 3 days except one of the leaves (see attachment). Is there anything else I can do? Can cuts heal?
Yeah it'll heal up.

May I suggest just doing LST instead next time? Running a manifold or mainline isn't exactly what I'd recommend a newer grower do. You could also just pinch the very very top off and that'll work too.

Yeah it'll heal up.

May I suggest just doing LST instead next time? Running a manifold or mainline isn't exactly what I'd recommend a newer grower do. You could also just pinch the very very top off and that'll work too.

This is my third grow, so I have some experience. I did topping, FIMming and supercropping in my previous grows. The mistakes I made this time were caused by my utter lack of concentration. I'm not even trying to make excuses 🙂

I wanted to try something new and manifold looked like a good solution for my very limited (but almost 100% clandestine) grow space. Anyway, I think I'll be OK. I still have that other stunted plant as backup.

Latest posts

Back