Should I top those already?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActivatedAlmonds52

Reaction score
This is Sour Durban, day 23 from seed, 250W MH lamp. They started to grow really fast in the last couple of days. This is only my second grow, so I'm not sure if should clip 'em now or wait a few more days.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
As long as it is healthy and growing well, I will top when the plant gets between 5-6 nodes

The longer you wait the wider and bushier they will get so fit the space you have.
Depends on that area and lights to determine desired final finish size.

I'd personally wait a few more days, to a week. Let the spacing between nodes lengthen a bit and then give it a nice topping 2 nodes down from the top.

I changed my mind and decided to FIM it. Looks fine.

I don't want to make another thread, so here's an update. It's been a month and I have two questions:

- is there anything I can do other than use bending clips (as seen in the pictures) and wires to expose the plant to light?
- I water it twice a day (in the morning and in the late afternoon, right before the light switches off). I only use less than a liter a day, so there's no runoff. Is that enough? The plant looks perfectly healthy except for the lowest leaves, which are getting yellow.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

I don't want to make another thread, so here's an update. It's been a month and I have two questions:

- is there anything I can do other than use bending clips (as seen in the pictures) and wires to expose the plant to light?
- I water it twice a day (in the morning and in the late afternoon, right before the light switches off). I only use less than a liter a day, so there's no runoff. Is that enough? The plant looks perfectly healthy except for the lowest leaves, which are getting yellow.
Your plants look very fit an healthy, I'm onto my 3rd grow and I'm enjoying experimenting with different techniques. Sometimes I feel like Mr Miyagi tending to his Bonsai trees. I lately snapped 2 storks trying to Mainline but they are healing ok. I let the soil dry before I water them again as overwatering can drown the roots. I water once a day but it depends on a lot of factors with environment. I always let my plants decide what they need.

Believe it or not, you're over and under watering at the same time and the plants are showing the signs of that. Mostly signs of over watering...

You're over watering in the sense that you're watering twice per day at approximately a liter each time. Those pots should be drying out in 3-6 days and only receiving water when they're dry.

You're under watering in the sense that you aren't feeding until runoff. You should be watering until you're seeing approximately 10-20% runoff from the container.

If those are 3g fabric pots, I'd imagine it'll take 3 litres of feed to accomplish runoff and you won't need to water again for several days.

Latest posts

Back