Sick plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passionpop

Reaction score
Hey guys my plant's leaves are curling up?

I water just a tiny bit every evening, it is in my hydro system bucket with clay balls net etc, Air pump.

I have nutes in water, water is net level so water isnt just under net, it is on net until roots grow..Also from checking the net tonight 1 single root has made its way to the water, so not sure if i should lower water level.

Um i may over over nuted the bucket.. normal tap water. Any ideas? tha nks

What is your pH?

You want your pH to be right around 5.8 for hydro. I start out at a stabilized 5.6 and then let it drift up to 6.0 before adjusting.

I see pcduck down there..so Ill wait see what he has to say..I would ask what the temps are ..inside res as well as outside temps...and whats the Ph of ya feedings

:48:

Hey guys i dont have a ph tester yet, couldnt find one atmy local masters or big outlet, not sure where to find. Bought a tempt and humidity reader off ebay, will be here soon.

passionpop said:
Hey guys my plant's leaves are curling up?

I water just a tiny bit every evening, it is in my hydro system bucket with clay balls net etc, Air pump.

I have nutes in water, water is net level so water isnt just under net, it is on net until roots grow..Also from checking the net tonight 1 single root has made its way to the water, so not sure if i should lower water level.

Um i may over over nuted the bucket.. normal tap water. Any ideas? tha nks

I am a little confused--this sounds like DWC, but you say that you water a little every night? Maybe you should give us a little better description of what kind of hydro setup you have, how old the plants are, what nutes you areusing and in what concentrations, the temp and humidity of your space, etc. etc. A picture's worth a thousand words--pictures help a lot. You absolutely need a pH meter (and calibration fluids and pH up and down)--you can find those on E-bay, too.

Ok, you ordered a hydrometer.. Started a hydro grow, and still have no ph meter.

My suggestion is to research hydro growing and go from there. Gotta crawl before you can walk.

My setup is a bubbleponics. My plant i think i over nuted, completely looking dead, leafs curling and bending down, looks really bad, i cleaned the water, put nutes in and checked ph, its around 6. Dont know what to do

passionpop said:
I have nutes in water, Also from checking the net tonight 1 single root has made its way to the water,

If your adding nutes and did not have roots yet then its probably nute burn.

^^. Also... Use a little ph down to around 5.4 then let drift back to up to 6.1 then do it over.

If your testing ph with dropper you need a quality ph meter. The Hanna checker is OK but I wouldn't recommend it for long term use I've had three of them.

Spend the dough and get a good meter and calibration solution. Not the cheap one time use packs, just get the 15 dollar bottle. You will need it!

Keeping your meter calibrated and the ph in check is the first step in hydro. The rest will fall into place if your ppms and nutes are right.

Buy a quality TDS meter and learn what it does. Check your water before anything... That way u know your starting point.

That's a good start ^

Thanks, i cleaned water, checked the water with my ph test kit, its 7. i added nutes and then tested water and its around 6. Plant has roots, shes got layers of leafs and little ones growing in the corners of those branches. Shes about3-4 inches tall. But she aint doing any better. The middle looks green and solid, very healthy but the leafs are gone, dont think i can save it..

When you are running hydro, you really need to know exactly what your pH is. "Around 6" is way too vague a number--you need something that is going to read your pH accurately down to the tenths. I like to run my pH between about 5.3 and 6.0. Like TOA, I like to let mine drift, too. You also need a ppm meter to check the concentration of the nutes. How old were your plants, what kind of nutes were you feeding them? How much? What are your res temps? Room temps? Do you have tons of bubbles in your res? Any pictures?

The Hemp Goddess said:
When you are running hydro, you really need to know exactly what your pH is. "Around 6" is way too vague a number--you need something that is going to read your pH accurately down to the tenths. I like to run my pH between about 5.3 and 6.0. Like TOA, I like to let mine drift, too. You also need a ppm meter to check the concentration of the nutes. How old were your plants, what kind of nutes were you feeding them? How much? What are your res temps? Room temps? Do you have tons of bubbles in your res? Any pictures?

Very nice response.

Okay so i have a bubbleponic setup, my phone is busted so i cant take photos but i really need to. The plant im giving up on, shes gone, but seeds are on their way and i need to get it sorted.

I have a white bucket, hole in the middle, in that hole is a net, filled with clay balls and in the middle of those is a square wool with a seed that grew. It has a air pump, pumping air into a funnel that leads to a airstone that sits on the bottom of the bucket in the water.

Now it was growing, very well, i have two fluro 4100k lights and fan running.

Now all was green, healthy until the leaves were folding up, i raised the lights and still wouldnt change. I thought it was lacking nutes, so i dumped nutes in and guess what.. leaves are folding worse, downwards, going dark green and looking like death grew a plant. I quickly changed the water, got a ph test kit, tested the water before adding nutes, it was 7... i added nutes and it changed to 6, best i could do, so i put the net back in the bucket and nothings changed, everythings getting worse. I had one seed growing great just by itself in a wool square but i tipped the over nuted water on that to (i pour water over the plants every evening to keep wool sqaure moist..) Both dying... HELP!

Get rid of the white bucket. You need a bucket that does not allow light to penetrate.

pH is off need pH tester. Over nuted also, need to start at about 1/4 the amount and slowly bump it up.

In addition to what duck said....

Rockwool is quite alkaline and needs to be soaked in water pH'd to 5.5 before you can plant your seed. I never transfer the rockwool to the bubbler until I have a good amount of roots coming out the bottom of the cube. Then I keep the water level just slightly higher than the bottom of the net POT (are you just using net or a net pot?) and make sure I have plenty of bubbles. The clay balls commonly called hydrotron (although that is a brand name) need to be cleaned well before you use them. The hydrotron needs to cover the top of the rockwool to keep it from growing algae.

Plants do not need or wants nutrients until they are several weeks old. And then you start out with a very weak solution, like 1/8 or 1/4 strength until you see if the plants can handle food yet. What exactly are you feeding them and how much did you use?

I don't quite understand your air pump thing. You should have an air line connected directly to your airstone and your bucket should look like it is boiling. Res temps need to be kept around 70F.

Which brings us to pH. I would recommend not running hydro until you have meters to measure EC and pH. You need to go into hydro with knowledge of what it requires and how to do that. You absolutely must have a pH meter. The acceptable pH range is relatively small and needs to be measured accurately. You will also need calibration fluids and pH up and down. The EC meter will also require calibration fluid.

You are going to have to set up a specific space that you can control the environment in. Your 2 CFLs are not going to be enough light for very long. Lighting needs are figured by lumens per sq ft. You want a minimum of 3000 lumens pert sq ft for vegging and 5000 for flowering. Ventilation is another biggie that is not always easy to get done right.

I would encourage you to do more reading and learn what this plant needs to grow and thrive. Regardless of what others say, mj is NOT a weed and it does not grow lke one. It needs to be cared for and nutured in the proper way.

Latest posts

Back