Single cola plants - questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtVandolay

Band!
Reaction score
I have ice and white widow clones that have been veging for 8 weeks now. I want to try single colas with them and have a few questions.

Is the general idea to remove all growing tips except the main one before switching to 12/12?

Do you remove all vegetation except the main growing tip?

How much longer would you veg them to maximize the root mass (and resulting colas)? I have limited height in my box (the plant height can't exceed 4 feet or so) - I'm using LST to keep them low.

Thanks!

art im not sure of ur "?" so ur lst'ing plants & want single colas? how does that work? thought lst was going 2 give multilpe smaller colas cause growth hormone is spread on an even plane, whereas single cola plants get huge colas 2 where all hormone gets sent. pics would def help. def dont remove most vegetation on any plant its where all food is made. if i were 2 make single cola plants id cut banches back to 1 node left on branch all way up main straight to top. dont go hacking up plants all @ once either. will shock the **** outta em. i would only take couple branches every 5-7 days until u get what u want 2 achieve. top 2 control height during this period. give em couple wks after this then hit em w/ a shot of N & P then flip. hope this helps.

You cant single cola and LST, to make single cola plants like the WW MONSTERS you cant LST and you need alot of head room.

First vegg up a plant without LST or topping, then once its vegged up a bit remove the lower branches so basicly only the main stem is left, perhaps a few small branches left.

Then again in flower you will have to remove lower branches.

If you want a single cola plant then grow a strain that is known for it. Pure indica will do that for you. Sativas bush out.

I think you got that backwards leafminer.

Two months seems like too much veg. time to me. It may very well be appropriate for your grow environment; but that's just my gut instinct on this. Unless you have alot of headroom to work with, they'll be too tall to really develop their colas. It might be best to continue lst and do a 12/12 from seed for your "donkey penis cola" grow. You could do it after lst, but it would look really odd; as in the bottom stem would be coiled/bunched up against the dirt and the top would have to grow upward from that... good luck with making that work out. If you have been lst'ing and didn't remove bottom growth, you should have a number of nice colas to grow out. If anything, you could get them to be nice big donkey nuggets!

Growdude said:
You cant single cola and LST, to make single cola plants like the WW MONSTERS you cant LST and you need alot of head room.

First vegg up a plant without LST or topping, then once its vegged up a bit remove the lower branches so basicly only the main stem is left, perhaps a few small branches left.

Then again in flower you will have to remove lower branches.

I see, Growdude and Doc. I have just what imager describes - coiled up main stems. I suppose imager is right - just grow out a bunch of colas.

I didn't realize single cola plants are best done 12/12 from seed (or from clones, I suppose). Say I have 4 feet of headroom - how big of a pot would you say I would need to grow a 12/12 from seed?

Thanks, everyone.

Latest posts

Back