SirSmoke-A-Lot's Very Late Outdoor Grow!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats what i thought, that the soil wasn't all that loose... I am going to try to loosen it up a little bit around the sides where the roots haven't grown. I have a personal gardner who uses the same medium to grow in, so I don't think I should have a problem. As soon as I see a problem with 'puff daddy' (the middle one), I will go out find some good soil and transplant, get a ph meter and all the works, cuz thats my baby lol

I saw a few others and their plants were so bushy at 3 weeks, and mine look like their 1 week haha. I want to see how long I veg for since the days keep getting shorter and shorter, I should start flowering soon, I think.

one of mine got blown over by the wind... and i just tried to put it back in the pot, lets see what happens... is there anything i can do to help it more?

Get yourself a wooden steak and some string. Stick the steak in the pot and tie her up to it with the string and she should be fine. ;)
SirSmoke-a-Lot said:
one of mine got blown over by the wind... and i just tried to put it back in the pot, lets see what happens... is there anything i can do to help it more?

Again, I looked at some other grow journals, and they all look so bushy for 3 weeks and mine looks puny. ofcourse theirs were grown indoors under hps or whatever, and mine is using the sun, but I tought outdoors would grow faster... am i doing something wrong?

Ok so i went up to check on them and put the stick in there with the string to hold it up and it was completely dead like on the soil lying down type dead, it was a weird one anyways so i just pulled it out. Now down to 2... my baby aka puff daddy, and the other one lol, which was drooping as well earlier, new growth looks fine. Here are some pics.

DSC03426.JPG

DSC03428.JPG

SirSmoke-a-Lot said:
Again, I looked at some other grow journals, and they all look so bushy for 3 weeks and mine looks puny. ofcourse theirs were grown indoors under hps or whatever, and mine is using the sun, but I tought outdoors would grow faster... am i doing something wrong?

I think there are a lot of other factors you have to take in when you see others peoples grow journals. You have to look at the type of strain, grow medium, lights, ferts/nutes, ph, ect...

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. But I think you can certainly do things a little better (for this grow and your next).

My first grow pretty much looked like yours at week 3. I too was a little worried my plants were "too small" or "not as bushy as others."

IMO your plants look rather healthy. But here's some GREEN MOJO to help your plants along the way!!! :D

thanks... the thing is i know im not doing all i can do for this grow because it was a late grow, and I dont have all the resources available to me... come spring time, I will be able to do everything and anything i need for my grow, nutes and all...

Both the plants are different in their own ways, one is larger than the other and has longer, skinnier leaves... might be different strains i'm guessing.

they look ok buddy and don't worry...come spring you'll have knowledge from this lot under your belt and will be able to get plants outside and they'll be vegging for months and before you know it you'll have a couple of TREES!!!

What does you gardener think of your new plants? Or are they hidden? The soil does look very tight to me. I'd definately add some perlite and maybe vermiculite if i were you.

Where abouts are you in the world? I'm in the UK and have a young afghan plant outisde currently, looks about the same as yours but its a little older - it started as a runt. Will be interesting to see how we do with them :)

Thanks... that does help with the size problem. I am in india now so I am not exposed to all the gardening resources and other circumstances too.. My gardner doesn't know about them, but i told him im planting some thingsss... and he isn't allowed to come in the house, and they are on the roof :) It will get a lot colder a lot faster for you than me, since I am near the equator and you are way up north. Hopefully we will get somthing out of this

i still think my babies are small... compared to other ppls... :/

i will post pics by tomorrow

just an update for you fans... lol

enjoy the pics... what i have seen is the most lowest leaves on the bottom of each plant is dying away, it looks normal since all 3 plants did it... now the question is... is it normal? 1st one is my baby aka puff daddy

puff daddy.JPG

DSC03441.JPG

puff daddy? oh dear...

How often you watering them and what is your method of telling whether they need a watering?

SirSmoke-a-Lot said:
just an update for you fans... lol

enjoy the pics... what i have seen is the most lowest leaves on the bottom of each plant is dying away, it looks normal since all 3 plants did it... now the question is... is it normal?

I asked the same question in my journal. It's normal. :D

Thorn said:
puff daddy? oh dear...

How often you watering them and what is your method of telling whether they need a watering?

Well... I guess every three days... but I am letting nature do its thing. It rained twice within 24 hours yesterday... so just in case it starts raining again soon, I will bring them in because I don't want to over water...

And for the person who is scared to show their face and ask me nicely to remove my 'breakage of rule#1'.... screw you, think of synonyms. Also, thanks for giving me the bad rep, instead of asking or changing it yourself if you are a mod.

dont bring them in unless its a down pour i have been growin outdoors for years now they are plants thet do not need to be water to an exact amount as long as its not over over watered by the rain your be fine and for 3 weeks their looking great their gets to a point in every plant wear it picks up growth and then you really watch them grow last year i swear i had one grow 3 in. in 1 day but yeah they should start budin any day now i have 3 i started begin of sept they should be done growin end of sept and start budin in oct i did start a crop this year cause of my old job at the beach was 4 hours away from home etc next years going to bring a couple lbs i already have 3 patches picked out around the creek behind my house and started ground prep so as soon as winter turns in to spring got some planting to do

Thanks dizzy... If you have any pics of your grow could you please start a journal or show some pics if you have... So basically I have around 11 days on your grow, so we are around the same time... out of the two I have left, I'm sure one is a male, and the other not sure, but am hoping its a lady. Im interested in your grow... how many plants, exact dates, and pics and strain and all... thanks

this was a last min thing i just threw some seeds in the ground by my tomato plants knowing that they wont get bigger then half a foot tall for the hell of it i was stoned and board lol

so how much bud r u expecting to get off the plant... like 5-10 grams? or less?

Well... here is an update. Pics 4 u... I hope they are to ur liking, they are getting bigger everyday, puff daddy has 5 leaves on its 3rd node, while the bigger one is just now getting 5 leaves on its 5th node... weird! I am thinking since the plant will probably stay small, that the bud, or the sacks will be smaller, so how will i be able to see the male pollen sacs? r they going to be smaller?

lasty, on your guys' experience, when do you think I will start to flower??

DSC03453.JPG

DSC03447.JPG

Latest posts

Back